TDKR IMAX prologue

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I said this in the other trailer thread, and I'm gonna come off as a troll myself now, but I wouldn't hold your breath for a prologue official HD release. If you guys remember, in 2007, the prologue leaked just like it did now, and WB never released that official footage over the internet.

The trailer is a given. We'll probably see three full trailers before July.

What is that site where we can view the timeline for the previous viral?

Ok, I saw the prologue at the Udvar-Hazy Center Imax Theater in Virginia last night, during the gofobo promotion, I got a "Legend" t-shirt as well! :twothumbsup: I couldn't post my impressions right away, and after just seeing the leaked trailer, here are some things I'd like to comment to:
The prologue is spectacular, the IMAX images are breathtaking, the landscape shots of the Scottish countryside (where the aerial heist was filmed) are simply gorgeous the acting is phenomenal, the CIA douche looked pretty credible and convincing after the not-so-well received reactions to the leaked audio, he did a pretty good job interrogating and somewhat torturing those militia guys, and there there's Tom Hardy's Bane, his voice is haunting, penetrating, terrifying, it is something that I can take off my mind as of yet, and as someone else already posted, he conveys stuff with his eyes that other actors can't with their entire faces, amazing stuff, his poise, intimidating personality and charisma is impressive. The action is phenomenal, and the cinematography Oscar worthy, just exactly what good old Wally delivers everytime, the most impressive thing is the way the capture the destruction of the smaller plane on camera, without CGI.

Now, watching the prologue and the trailer, the Anne Hathaway dialog and how everything seems to come together, I could say that Nolan's Batman series are a reflection of our times, with more emphasis on TDK and TDKR, since TDK was a comentary on the state of the US after 9/11, the fear and panic the spread all over the country by a fundamentalist group, and in the case of TDK the fear an amoral, agent of chaos terrorist spread in the entire city; and taking into consideration that TDKR takes place 8 years after the events of TDK (that would put TDK in the early 00s), I think TDKR will speak to the dissatisfaction the people of Gotham is starting to feel towards the rich, just like the same dissatisfaction we are experiencing now after the economic crisis, with Selina playing a "Robin Hood' type of character, resenting the rich and trying to bring some sort of social justice to the poor, and Bane taking advantage of this situation to properl his agenda ("Gotham! take control of your city!") I don' know , but I think Nolan has somethig really big under his sleeve and will make TDKR way bigger than TDK.
These are just ramblings and may make no sense at all, but I thought I could contribute to the conversation.

By the way, the screening was filled to the brim last night, this movie is going to make more money than Avatar and TDK conbined.

willyjoel wrote:Ok, I saw the prologue at the Udvar-Hazy Center Imax Theater in Virginia last night, during the gofobo promotion, I got a "Legend" t-shirt as well! :twothumbsup: I couldn't post my impressions right away, and after just seeing the leaked trailer, here are some things I'd like to comment to:
The prologue is spectacular, the IMAX images are breathtaking, the landscape shots of the Scottish countryside (where the aerial heist was filmed) are simply gorgeous the acting is phenomenal, the CIA douche looked pretty credible and convincing after the not-so-well received reactions to the leaked audio, he did a pretty good job interrogating and somewhat torturing those militia guys, and there there's Tom Hardy's Bane, his voice is haunting, penetrating, terrifying, it is something that I can take off my mind as of yet, and as someone else already posted, he conveys stuff with his eyes that other actors can't with their entire faces, amazing stuff, his poise, intimidating personality and charisma is impressive. The action is phenomenal, and the cinematography Oscar worthy, just exactly what good old Wally delivers everytime, the most impressive thing is the way the capture the destruction of the smaller plane on camera, without CGI.

Now, watching the prologue and the trailer, the Anne Hathaway dialog and how everything seems to come together, I could say that Nolan's Batman series are a reflection of our times, with more emphasis on TDK and TDKR, since TDK was a comentary on the state of the US after 9/11, the fear and panic the spread all over the country by a fundamentalist group, and in the case of TDK the fear an amoral, agent of chaos terrorist spread in the entire city; and taking into consideration that TDKR takes place 8 years after the events of TDK (that would put TDK in the early 00s), I think TDKR will speak to the dissatisfaction the people of Gotham is starting to feel towards the rich, just like the same dissatisfaction we are experiencing now after the economic crisis, with Selina playing a "Robin Hood' type of character, resenting the rich and trying to bring some sort of social justice to the poor, and Bane taking advantage of this situation to properl his agenda ("Gotham! take control of your city!") I don' know , but I think Nolan has somethig really big under his sleeve and will make TDKR way bigger than TDK.
These are just ramblings and may make no sense at all, but I thought I could contribute to the conversation.

By the way, the screening was filled to the brim last night, this movie is going to make more money than Avatar and TDK conbined.
I like your assessment about his films being a social commentary and TDK was definitely just that regarding the Patriot Act, torture, etc. But c'monnnn...no way this movie makes more than TDK and Avatar combined. It'll be hard for it to beat TDK, much less Avatar, which was hyped because of the 3-D and it was overall a mindless action flick that was a retread of the Pochahontas story, so people went back and saw it over and over. The Average person might not do that with a "thinking-man's action film."

This guy sums up my sexual attraction towards this film.

I love that the one shot of Marion is her removing her mask to reveal her identity to Bruce.

Mason wrote:The troll aside, does anything really think the prologue will be uploaded eventually?

I'm still serious in my claim that it was uploaded during the previous viral campaigns. I will find it.
The prologue was released in HD for the first time with the Batman Begins Blu-ray. I would know- I payed $400 for a Blu-ray player for the sole reason of watching the prologue properly. :lol:

Crazy Eight wrote:
Mason wrote:The troll aside, does anything really think the prologue will be uploaded eventually?

I'm still serious in my claim that it was uploaded during the previous viral campaigns. I will find it.
The prologue was released in HD for the first time with the Batman Begins Blu-ray. I would know- I payed $400 for a Blu-ray player for the sole reason of watching the prologue properly. :lol:
Man, I'm serious, I am fucking sure that it was released (not in HD) nearer the release of the film through a viral or something. I may very well be wrong, but I'm convinced it was.

I'm going to hunt for it. Right now.

Crazy Eight wrote:
I remember buying that and not realising it was on there until a few days later.... :facepalm: :facepalm: :lol: :lol:

Crazy is right... it wasn't released formally online. only shown before I am legend or some shit film... can't remember and put in with the BB blu ray.
Last edited by Z. Cobb on December 15th, 2011, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

I fucking love Bane's voice. Just putting it out there.