TDKR IMAX prologue

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Hey all, I've been lurking here for almost a year, but this is my first post...
I live in Australia, and I was wondering whether you would know whether the prologue is running only in the US and the UK, because I've been looking forward to this for ages, and it would be awesome if we get to watch the Prologue here in Australia...

Thank you :)

i dont think there's a reason to show what happened in the 8 years because its quite easy to fill in the gaps once you see the state of gotham in present day

warnerg wrote:
Mason wrote:So, is that the second trailer (with the green band) attached to the end of the prologue, or two minutes of pure footage from other sections of the film?

Either way...

:tooexcited:

Ya the manager said yes it will have the 6 min prologue followed by a 2 min trailer. I'm guessing it will be a full trailer with scenes from the movie. All i know is if this trailer comes out early, along with the prologue, I have to be strong and not give in to the online or bootleg versions. After what Teddy said about it being such a good experience to view it on the IMAX screen I don't want to ruin it.
Do you know if this is the same trailer that will likely come in front of Sherlock Homles??

mchekhov wrote:i dont think there's a reason to show what happened in the 8 years because its quite easy to fill in the gaps once you see the state of gotham in present day
I completely agree, and that wouldn't make a very interesting prologue to begin with.

Rashad28 wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:
Where is the screening taking place?
In LA.
Thank you...and what exactly were the requirements for attending the screening?

indiefilmconnor wrote:
m_man360 wrote:I assume because it's set eight years after the last one the prologue will probably show the changes politically and socially since Harvey's death. That alone should take about 4 minutes of screen time, then you have 2 minutes of Bane and his terrorists planting a bomb at the Gotham Stadium. Most likely.
Wally Phister stated that the opening sequence would blow our minds, and be difficult to film. four minutes telling us about the politics and social life of the past eight years is not mind blowing, not to mention the least bit difficult to film. Sure the heinz field stuff could be it, but i just don't see that being it either.
It depends on what your idea of blowing our minds is. It could be an epic 4 minute montage of how things have changed. If you remember the opening titles of Watchmen, that in my opinion blew my mind away as the history was depicted. The stadium could be in it as well as a possible chase sequence...

They should play this right before the prologue starts:

m_man360 wrote:
indiefilmconnor wrote:
Wally Phister stated that the opening sequence would blow our minds, and be difficult to film. four minutes telling us about the politics and social life of the past eight years is not mind blowing, not to mention the least bit difficult to film. Sure the heinz field stuff could be it, but i just don't see that being it either.
It depends on what your idea of blowing our minds is. It could be an epic 4 minute montage of how things have changed. If you remember the opening titles of Watchmen, that in my opinion blew my mind away as the history was depicted. The stadium could be in it as well as a possible chase sequence...

we already know what the prologue is and it has nothing to do with Gotham