TDKR IMAX prologue

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

wow theres only 1 in jersey.

i'll catch the bootleg the next day on the internet

Yep nothing but digital LIEMAXs here. I'm at a loss for words.

mchekhov wrote:wow theres only 1 in jersey.

+1

this seems like a really retarded move by whoever is in charge. You want as many people as possible to see this.

Forum Pro
Law
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
mchekhov wrote:wow theres only 1 in jersey.

+1
As a fellow New Jersyian I'm disappointed in you both, you guys really won't go to NYC to see this?

Or to the Liberty Science Center?

solo2001 wrote:
Oneironaut wrote:Ugh, pretty underwhelming to know the only screen supposed to be IMAX in my country is a LIEMAX. I watched Inception there and had an amazing time, the screen is colossal and the sound system is really high. I wonder how much better a true IMAX can be...
It could just be a digital IMAX, the biggest of those is 100 feet tall (but of course has a lower resolution). LIEMAX refers to size, as shown in this nifty image!
tdk-imax-compare.jpg
-mchekhov 2: Chek Harder
It's not just size. It's what is in the frame. With the LIEMAX the whole top and bottom of the frame is cut off, which defeats the whole purpose of IMAX photography, which is suppose to open up the frame vertically and give the audience a breathtaking view of the action that envelops them in the story. With LIEMAX, it defeats all the filmmakers' hard work and you don't see what they want you to see when they shoot the scene.

Thankfully my theatre has the real Imax so at least i have the option of watching the tdkr prologue. But paying twenty bucks for an Imax screening seem ridiculous. I'm actually excited I never attended an Imax screening before... I know.

Law_of_4 wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote: +1
As a fellow New Jersyian I'm disappointed in you both, you guys really won't go to NYC to see this?

Or to the Liberty Science Center?

didnt know the liberty science center showed movies. I might, if that's the case, but its still such an inconvenience. What the hell are they thinking?

mchekhov wrote:this seems like a really retarded move by whoever is in charge. You want as many people as possible to see this.
I couldn't disagree more. LIEMAX is an insult to the filmmaker and the filmmaker's work. The film is shot specifically for IMAX. NOT LIEMAX. I am so glad that the filmmakers and studios are taking a stand against the wretched format better known as LIEMAX.