TDKR IMAX prologue

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
thedisabledcubicle wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Ok, so what can we expect from this prologue? My guess is, either Bane introduction (India shoot?) or Batman running from GCPD mayhem! Followed by: scattered shots in the end, Selina Kyle looking sexy as hell etc.
I hope it won't be Bane's introduction. I think it might have more impact if he is saved until the final cut... But then, I guess there's a lot of talk about how Bane is going to represented which they could clear up. And anyone who's not a Batman fan will probably need an introduction to the character before being pulled in to see it.

Continuing the chase scene from the end of TDK would be awesome and the perfect way to bridge the gap between the films.

I'm inclined to go with the chase, but I see the merits in both.
Yeah, I'd definitely go with the chase! After all, I like Bats better than Bane. 8-)

So, has this been confirmed yet? or is it still rumour? :?

Not confirmed. Just strong rumours.

The Prologue will be Alfred's back story, when he was working for the local government in Burma. And how he is the real Ra's Al Ghul :o

This might sound dumb, but I don't know if a Bane backstory prologue will get the general audience excited. Most of them don't know who Bane is unless they're familiar with the comics. They might not even "get" that the prologue is for TDKR unless they see someone familiar to them. I say this cause on tumblr, someone actually believed Neil Patrick Harris was in this as the Riddler. The cast of TDKR have been announced ALONG time ago, and someone thought a fan made poster of NPH as the Riddler was real :facepalm: I don't think the prologue will be Bane if WB is thinking strictly marketing for the film. For true Batman fans, a Bane featured prologue would be great of course.

OMG !, this is going to be so EPIC !!!,
can't wait , i'm so excited :twothumbsup:

I will watch it on the net. Not batman, not Nolan, Not anybody will make me see Tom Cruise face in another fake M:I movie.The first one was cool....15 years ago. The rest are trash...from the moment of the premiere till now.

Beetles wrote:This might sound dumb, but I don't know if a Bane backstory prologue will get the general audience excited. Most of them don't know who Bane is unless they're familiar with the comics. They might not even "get" that the prologue is for TDKR unless they see someone familiar to them. I say this cause on tumblr, someone actually believed Neil Patrick Harris was in this as the Riddler. The cast of TDKR have been announced ALONG time ago, and someone thought a fan made poster of NPH as the Riddler was real :facepalm: I don't think the prologue will be Bane if WB is thinking strictly marketing for the film. For true Batman fans, a Bane featured prologue would be great of course.
Nicely put. Yes, I bet some people think Heath Ledger is gonna reprise the role of the Joker :lol: .

Beetles wrote:This might sound dumb, but I don't know if a Bane backstory prologue will get the general audience excited. Most of them don't know who Bane is unless they're familiar with the comics. They might not even "get" that the prologue is for TDKR unless they see someone familiar to them. I say this cause on tumblr, someone actually believed Neil Patrick Harris was in this as the Riddler. The cast of TDKR have been announced ALONG time ago, and someone thought a fan made poster of NPH as the Riddler was real :facepalm: I don't think the prologue will be Bane if WB is thinking strictly marketing for the film. For true Batman fans, a Bane featured prologue would be great of course.
I think the real TDKR-fans, that are going only to IMAX to watch this prologue, know Bane. But I don't think that Bane will be the prologue too. I think the scene with Batman being chased by the police after the events of TDK will be the beginning of the movie. This would create a direct link to the previous part. If you put a different story (origin of bane etc.) between these events, it would create a time gap, unless you tell a story taking place at the same time of the end of TDK. Then you could connect the two different storylines at the point, where Batman is chased.

I'd like to see something along the lines of a prison break. Perhaps Bane uses his cunning expertise to break himself and a few of his inmates out of prison, or maybe even the LOS breaks Bane out of prison. Would be an exciting sneak peak for the movie. It wouldn't necessarily be a backstory for Bane, but more of a showcase of what Nolan has in store for us. Think of it as TDKR version of the Joker's bank scene shown for the TDK.