[SPOILERS] TDKR Theatrical Trailer

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
mchekhov wrote:
indiefilmconnor wrote:
When do we see him walking fine whilst fighting Bane? I see him fighting him, but as of now there is no evidence that he is walking fine in those scenes as well. Also with Bane terrorizing the city, I don't see Bruce going to many masquerade balls after having the shit beaten out of him and having the city being torn apart. It makes more sense that the limp has been there before he meets Bane....

exactly

the ball obviously happens before Bane is in town doing wreckage...otherwise why would selina warn him of the social uprising thats cooking up?
Can we take into consideration that narrative isn't linear?

This limping thing makes no sense at all. The ball obviously takes place before he meets bane so i think he gets the limp because of the harvey dent shot/fall combination. But then again it is said to take place after 8 years so is he just faking it or is there is some permanent damage. We don't see him with a cane in the hospital jump scene nor is he limping in the prison scene. :crazy: :crazy:
Last edited by waveking on December 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

George wrote:If the limp is real, it's probably related to the wear and tear of 8 years of crime fighting.
That is what I was thinking.

Z. Cobb wrote:
mchekhov wrote:

exactly

the ball obviously happens before Bane is in town doing wreckage...otherwise why would selina warn him of the social uprising thats cooking up?
Can we take into consideration that narrative isn't linear?

that wouldnt change anything ... the ball would still wouldnt precede Bane coming to Gotham

At one point I thought the limp was another part of the Bruce Wayne facade, but it doesn't make sense if he's still using the cane in the dinner plate scene.

George wrote:At one point I thought the limp was another part of the Bruce Wayne facade, but it doesn't make sense if he's still using the cane in the dinner plate scene.

he doesnt seem to be limping in the temple scene

i guess we have to assume he gets some kind of mystic healing

Narrative... as in it could take place over a large amount of time... In the Prison he looks fine...

Some of these limp ideas sound a bit naff... the TDK fall cause his limp... are we even serious... Batman got shot at the end of TDK... you would assume that there is more permanent damage from that...

Wear and tear.. maybe... but Gordon said Batman was gone.

mchekhov wrote:
George wrote:At one point I thought the limp was another part of the Bruce Wayne facade, but it doesn't make sense if he's still using the cane in the dinner plate scene.

yeah, right :roll:

mchekhov wrote:

See what makes sense to me is that there are two time jumps happening. There's one from TDK to TDKR, and then another within TDKR while Bruce is exiled. That way it would make sense for him to heal from Bane's beating and for Gotham to fall apart.

That parallels with the Gordon quote "We were in this together, then you were gone"