Debating Re-Casting the Joker

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

from the stand point of acting, it would be impossible to recreate that type of performance so its a bad idea

no actor can do what another actor does

i think it might be interesting to consider the idea of inventing a psychopathic right hand man who carries out joker's plans while he himself is out of the picture...that might be a workable idea

It's one of the most level-headed analyses of the issue I've read. But I'm going to stick with what I believe and I believe that they shouldn't recast. I've already explained why various times on these threads so I won't go into detail here.

i think what the writer fails to realize is that the joker on screen is so good because of the physicality embodied by Heath, and the intonations in his speech. That stuff is not on the page. The writer credits that stuff to the page. He thinks because its on the page, another actor will be able to recreate it. Far from the reality.

No, the Joker should not be recast. Plain and Simple. Move on. He will be easy enough to write out and we won't feel cheated as an audience. Nobody can copy what Heath did, and nobody should attempt to.

I'm on the side that Joker should not be re-cast, because of what Heath did in TDK. I mean it's a legendary performance. I don't think it would be a problem for the Nolans to re-think their ideas about the 3rd Batman-film, in the case if they wanted to put the Joker in it.

Dont get me wrong, i think recasting the joker is a bad idea. I was speaking to my friend about heath about a year ago and he said that he liked him in that movie brick. I told my friend that that was Joseph Gordon Levitt from 3rd rock to which my friend said they really look alike and that he was a good actor. At first I just thought that he was getting them mixed up from 10 things i hate about you but the more i thought about it the more i agreed with him. They are alike. Then i see the trailer for inception and there he is. I dont know if there is anything in it and i think recasting the joker is wrong because of ledgers performance. However, i have been wrong before. Like the time i heard Heath ledger was to play the joker and thought it was a bad idea.

Just a thought.

Check out this link to a Guardian article i just found about JCL being the new Heath Ledger.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/aug ... t-500-days

I just googled both their names together and these pics came up.

Now, is it coincidence Nolan has cast him in Inception or does he have other plans for him.

So what if he looks alike? You think he wants to be a shadow of Ledger the rest of his career? He's going to do his own thing, and his own thing will not be the Joker.

Dunkanovic wrote:Check out this link to a Guardian article i just found about JCL being the new Heath Ledger.

I hate when people do that, trying to replace someone by compairing him to another, specially when that personis dead :x