Batcave

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Dragon_316ca is full of it, aparentely and ineditely. :facepalm:

from SHH
Visiting L.A. and had a friend working at Sony Studios show me the Batcave set. It's half finished, and pretty much looks like the same set we saw in "Batman Begins". They're still completing the quarry walls but the wooden manor foundations were all there in the corner. Walls are mostly done, they need to finish the floor work for the water they will fill it with. It's the same look as the first film. No deep tunnel platforms like that industrial site that was rumored, the would be ridiculous anyway, when you consider the time frame between films and that's nothing Bruce, Lucius and Alfred could accomplish on their own.

Funny thing was I asked the construction guys if they were using the same blueprints/plans from "Batman Begins" to match continuity, they said no, but as the set resembled the cave from "Begins" and I'm a detail freak who knows the movies, (right down to the waterfall entrance where the tumbler flies through) while they may have had new blueprints I could see it was the same cave design from seeing the foundation beams that were iconic from the first movie. Also the stage can hold water, they'll fill it when the quarry wall work is finished and they pull all the rigging lights up to illuminate the set.
credible info? :think:

Beetles wrote:from SHH
Visiting L.A. and had a friend working at Sony Studios show me the Batcave set. It's half finished, and pretty much looks like the same set we saw in "Batman Begins". They're still completing the quarry walls but the wooden manor foundations were all there in the corner. Walls are mostly done, they need to finish the floor work for the water they will fill it with. It's the same look as the first film. No deep tunnel platforms like that industrial site that was rumored, the would be ridiculous anyway, when you consider the time frame between films and that's nothing Bruce, Lucius and Alfred could accomplish on their own.

Funny thing was I asked the construction guys if they were using the same blueprints/plans from "Batman Begins" to match continuity, they said no, but as the set resembled the cave from "Begins" and I'm a detail freak who knows the movies, (right down to the waterfall entrance where the tumbler flies through) while they may have had new blueprints I could see it was the same cave design from seeing the foundation beams that were iconic from the first movie. Also the stage can hold water, they'll fill it when the quarry wall work is finished and they pull all the rigging lights up to illuminate the set.
Maybe... More hi-tech stuff, more glow-y blue screens and I'll be happy.

As much as I'd love more high-tech gadgetry within the cave, I want it to stay as realistic and as believable as we saw in Batman Begins. You know, it's just a cave, that is it. That's what makes it more special, I think.

Mason01 wrote:As much as I'd love more high-tech gadgetry within the cave, I want it to stay as realistic and as believable as we saw in Batman Begins. You know, it's just a cave, that is it. That's what makes it more special, I think.
Yeah, that's one of the things I was disappointed about in TDK. No cave.

A combo of the simple cave in BB and the high-tech computer stuff in the TDK bunker would be perfect.

If that report is true it looks like that is what we are getting. :)

Baconboy wrote:
Mason01 wrote:As much as I'd love more high-tech gadgetry within the cave, I want it to stay as realistic and as believable as we saw in Batman Begins. You know, it's just a cave, that is it. That's what makes it more special, I think.
Yeah, that's one of the things I was disappointed about in TDK. No cave.
I wouldn't say that I was disappointed, because it made sense, but it'll be a warm welcome to see it this time around. I think the franchise would feel incomplete without the addition of a cave in the third movie, just for the fact that it's so iconic.

Since, the original cave has already been sitting at the Shepperton Hangers since 2004, why are they rebuilding the cave? When they could easily add to the existing cave at Shepperton, where they've been working at anyways for TDKRises...

Beetles wrote:
I think it's credible. That's the same guy who emailed me last night, I posted an update about it here: http://batman-news.com/2011/10/01/exclu ... ght-rises/

The reason I think it's credible is because I Google'd his name and he is in the film industry. He also had a phone number in his email signature, so I didn't get the impression it was some random fanboy trying to mess with me. The fact that it's not complete and they only have 3 more weeks in LA is puzzling though...
Batman-News.com
The Premiere Source For All Things Batman
Twitter / Facebook / Google+

If the Batcave looks almost like the one in Batman Begins then i'll be very very happy :) :thumbup: