If TDKR had a different name, what would you want?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Yeah, so if TDKR had a different name, what would you want it to be? A lot of people weren't really sure if they liked the idea of just adding rises to "The Dark Knight" but then a lot of us got used to it. I personally like, "The Caped Crusader", "Shadow Of The Night" or something like that. Be creative people. :oldmanface:

Sorry if this is already created by the way.

The Dark Knight Rises is truly the only title that I believe fits what we will see. I can't think of anything that wouldn't sound :facepalm:

Yeah, you just opened up a can of worms

I don't think they would have ever gone with the Caped Crusader because of Muslim sensitivities... (*yawn*) ... plus it kind of sounds like a title from golden age Batman (I'm thinking Adam West and Burt Ward).

Bane of Gotham
Shadows of Gotham
Dark Knight Resurrection
Lords of Gotham

I would have combined the plots of Prey, Knightfall, and No Man's Land.
I would consider merging Selina Kyle and Talia Al Ghul into one character.
I would have somehow written in a backstory for Alfred, tying it to Ra's Al Ghul and Thomas Wayne.
If I used Bane at all, I would have used a pretty loyal comic adaptation, except perhaps the accent.
I would have included a third villain in the film, and redeemed Bane and Catwoman by the end of it.
The third villain would have probably been a combination of King Snake and Black Mask.
Thematically, I would have explored the legacy/burden left by fathers upon their children.
Bruce would turn his back on the city, only to return in the final hour after some enlightenment.
At the end of the film, Selina/Talia and Bane would form a truce with Batman/Bruce, and both would
hit the road on an international journey in separate directions to find more answers.

I would set the franchise up for a reboot in the same universe, but with different actors.
I would not kill off Bruce Wayne, or have him give up the cape and cowl.
But by the end of the film, I would have had him accept Batman's mission as an extension of his father's legacy, freeing himself from the guilt that he wasn't doing enough... guilt that Rachel Dawes perhaps laid upon him earlier in his life.

:ugeek:

The title is perfect as it is, there are no good alternatives in my opinion.

darkest_knight wrote:Yeah, you just opened up a can of worms

I don't think they would have ever gone with the Caped Crusader because of Muslim sensitivities... (*yawn*) ... plus it kind of sounds like a title from golden age Batman (I'm thinking Adam West and Burt Ward).

Bane of Gotham
Shadows of Gotham
Dark Knight Resurrection
Lords of Gotham

I would have somehow written in a backstory for Alfred, tying it to Ra's Al Ghul and Thomas Wayne.
If I used Bane at all, I would have used a pretty loyal comic adaptation, except perhaps the accent.
I would have included a third villain in the film, and redeemed Bane and Catwoman by the end of it.
The third villain would have probably been a combination of King Snake and Black Mask.
Thematically, I would have explored the legacy/burden left by fathers upon their children.
Bruce would turn his back on the city, only to return in the final hour after some enlightenment.
At the end of the film, Selina/Talia and Bane would form a truce with Batman/Bruce, and both would
hit the road on an international journey in separate directions to find more answers.

I would set the franchise up for a reboot in the same universe, but with different actors.
But by the end of the film, I would have had him accept Batman's mission as an extension of his father's legacy, freeing himself from the guilt that he wasn't doing enough... guilt that Rachel Dawes perhaps laid upon him earlier in his life.

WTF did like most of your post have to do with the OP? Do you just like to ramble or what?

Bane of Gotham
Shadows of Gotham
Dark Knight Resurrection
Lords of Gotham

I'm sooooo glad you're not the one making this film. :lol:

Bane of Gotham
Shadows of Gotham
Dark Knight Resurrection
Lords of Gotham

You are so negative about this film, just relax, Nolan has this shit. Sorry there is no Robin in thin tights to please you.

Anyway, why have you just made that massive post covering plot details and stuff, when the topic was about the title of the film? Rambler. :lol:

Title is perfect.The end.

It's grown on me significantly, but it doesn't have the right ring to it. The Dark Knight Rises. It just sounds odd and sequel-y.

I dunno, I can't think of a better one, but I wish Nolan had.

-Vader

I hated the title at first but now I love it. :lol: