[SPOILERS] The Final Scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I agree. The more you consider the options, the less final the final scene is. We can all imagine how we would like to see the story continue...

John

jazz-guitarist wrote:I just saw the film for the second time. I think I was better able to follow some details in the plot simply because it was not a midnight showing that I was amped up for. I saw the film earlier in the day and was able to take it for what it was rather than what I hoped it would be.

As for the ending, I used to think that...
the ending suggested that Blake could take over for Bruce as Batman or Possibly become Nightwing.

Now I think that the ending suggests that Bruce might come back as Batman if needed, Blake is there to be his Robin (in a mask), Selina could continue to be as ambiguous and amoral as she has been, and Alfred and Fox are around too. True that Alfred wants Bruce to give up being Batman, and that Bruce and Selina wanted a fresh start but I don't care. IMO They will never be able to escape who they have become. We will never see any of their exploits - which is probably for the best - but I like the idea that the characters are all still in play.

Nolan leaving it open ended like that was a brilliant move actually.

Everyone that I know who has seen the film absolutely LOVED the ending!

My wifey and others who are not as big of fans as I am....think Nolan and or Bale may return someday and I just say I doubt it....but you never know.

There is always....hope right? 8-)

The ending is so powerful. I've seen it five times now and
the gravestone bit still gets me.

DesertTurtle wrote:The ending is so powerful. I've seen it five times now and
When I saw
Alfred cried in that way I was totally sure that Nolan dared to kill Bruce for good :(

natalie wrote:
DesertTurtle wrote:The ending is so powerful. I've seen it five times now and
When I saw
Alfred cried in that way I was totally sure that Nolan dared to kill Bruce for good :(
Me too, even though I read all the spoilers here and knew how the movie was going to end.
Before this movie came out, I wanted Bruce to die at the end. I think this ending is far better that what I had hoped for and I freaking love it.

DesertTurtle wrote:
natalie wrote:
When I saw
Me too, even though I read all the spoilers here and knew how the movie was going to end.
Before this movie came out, I wanted Bruce to die at the end. I think this ending is far better that what I had hoped for and I freaking love it.
Thank God nobody spoiled my fun. I love the ending but ...
I really don't mind if Bruce would die. It would be :cry: :o :shock:

aaron wrote:Blake RISES.

:shock:

:)

:-D

:tooexcited:
Blake Begins 8-)

bret_meholick wrote:
Did anybody else notice that the end is essentially the end to Good Will Hunting?

I'd love to see a bonus scene in which Gordon goes to his mailbox and opens a letter... "I had to see about a girl. -Batman" :oldmanface:
Middle of Good Will Hunting:

Ben Affleck - "Everyday I come to pick you up, I hope that you won't be there." (Not an exact quote but you know what I am talking about, going from memory).

Middle of The Dark Knight Rises:

Michael Caine - "Every year I went to a cafe, and I had a fantasy that I saw you there, living your life. I don't say anything to you and nor you to me, but we both know that you are happy" etc. etc.

End of Good Will Hunting:

Ben Affleck shows up to pick up Will.
Matt Damon is not there. Just as Ben hoped would happen.

End of The Dark Knight Rises:

Alfred shows up at the cafe. He sees Bruce. They both nod, without saying a word. But they both know, that Bruce is living his life.
Just as Caine hoped would happen.
:o :o :shock:

I was reading TDK script... and found this:
ALFRED
Are you interested in his
character... or his social circle?
WAYNE
Who Rachel spends her time with is
her business.
ALFRED
Well, I trust you're not following me
on my day off.
WAYNE
If you ever took one, I might.
And we know what happened...

BatMan528491 wrote:
bret_meholick wrote:
Did anybody else notice that the end is essentially the end to Good Will Hunting?

I'd love to see a bonus scene in which Gordon goes to his mailbox and opens a letter... "I had to see about a girl. -Batman" :oldmanface:
Middle of Good Will Hunting:

Ben Affleck - "Everyday I come to pick you up, I hope that you won't be there." (Not an exact quote but you know what I am talking about, going from memory).

Middle of The Dark Knight Rises:

Michael Caine - "Every year I went to a cafe, and I had a fantasy that I saw you there, living your life. I don't say anything to you and nor you to me, but we both know that you are happy" etc. etc.

End of Good Will Hunting:

Ben Affleck shows up to pick up Will.
Matt Damon is not there. Just as Ben hoped would happen.

End of The Dark Knight Rises:

Alfred shows up at the cafe. He sees Bruce. They both nod, without saying a word. But they both know, that Bruce is living his life.
Just as Caine hoped would happen.
:o :o :shock:
"When art imitates life"