[SPOILERS] The Final Scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
LOL, sorry, but the first half of Begins is a kung fu movie. And this trilogy is supposedly going back to Begins, so I think a LoS-style ending is much more akin to the themes.
I absolutely agree that Robin is a silly inclusion. Bale said he would never be involved with anything Robin related. This isn't an Avengers tie-in. The company might want an open ending, but I can guarantee that Nolan does not have one in mind.

My ending fits the themes and images of a complete circle as well as alluding to a wider world of characters, Batman Inc, and that Bruce could be in control of it from the shadows.

Bruce standing of his parent's grave stone. He puts a flower on each of their graves. Remains silent.

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:Bruce standing of his parent's grave stone. He puts a flower on each of their graves. Remains silent.
Yes, very likely. Bringing it back to Bruce's motivation.

in BB and TDK one villain dies and one gets caught (scarecrow in TDK but you get the point). ive got money on bane dying, and tate/her possible alter ego not being caught but leaving gotham enlightened, probably not to lead LoS to do good but to just disband it. this could be shown in a montage while alfred an selina kyle are talking about legacy or something, over bruce waynes grave next to his parents'. they could still also be talking while gordon in a wheelchair being pushed around by john blake is seen with a new batman light on top of MCU, rebuilt to immortilise batman like a statue to remind everyone that 'the batman' is out there. selina kyle says bye to alfred, and she rides away on the batpod in the snow
wait that sounds too much like TDK and batman returns combined. depending on how close selina kyle got with bruce in the span of one movie, she and alfred could walk up the stairs back to wayne manor..
but still regarding catwoman and john blake theres so much mystery as to their motives and where they stand it could be anything
and sorry i bit some of the previous posts, if u see some of your ideas here that means i liked it too

Obviously,
He will rise from his wheelchair

then

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

credits
especially because
like the other films, the true meaning of the title is only made clear at the very end

thedisabledcubicle wrote:LOL, sorry, but the first half of Begins is a kung fu movie. And this trilogy is supposedly going back to Begins, so I think a LoS-style ending is much more akin to the themes.
I absolutely agree that Robin is a silly inclusion. Bale said he would never be involved with anything Robin related. This isn't an Avengers tie-in. The company might want an open ending, but I can guarantee that Nolan does not have one in mind.

My ending fits the themes and images of a complete circle as well as alluding to a wider world of characters, Batman Inc, and that Bruce could be in control of it from the shadows.
I understand that Nolan and Bale have both expressed animosity toward the character of Robin.

But I would like to point out that in the same interview, Nolan said that "Robin" is in a cradle somewhere. So, it's not that Robin is not compatible with the Nolan verse. Robin just doesn't fit into the story that Nolan wants to tell.

This is Bruce Wayne's story.

I would like to see all of the Batman characters filtered through the lens of realism at some point. What would Robin look like in Nolan's world? Rather than the circus orphan he has been for decades, I imagine a slightly different angle. Maybe keep the orphan story line, but make him a child raised in the slums of the third world, in search of his identity. In Dark Victory, his parents were killed by mobsters, in Batman Forever, by Two Face. In Nolan's verse, I would imagine some tie in to Bruce's own life. Maybe make him the son of a villain, so he has to come to terms with his own destiny in light of the shadow of his father. In Bruce he finds a surrogate father, and strives to be a force for good against the evil caused by his father. The villain almost doesn't matter.

Ozzwald Cobblepot could be another gangster that rises up in Gotham city. They could call him "The Penguin" because he is never seen in anything but a tuxedo. The silliness ends there.

Edward Nygma could be a forensic scientist with split personalities, the one creating crimes for the other to solve. But as a twist the "2nd" personality could literally be another person impersonating him in true Nolan mind fuck fashion.

Dr. Victor Freeze... a doctor whose wife is on ice, and he is seeking a cure. In his path, he crosses the line and becomes a serial killer, targeting other researchers for their knowledge.

Poison Ivy is easy... an eco-terrorist with a background in botany... no theatrics.

Killer Croc is a man with a skin condition who is a societal outcast and eventual cannibal.

Harlequinn... a psychiatrist obsessed with her patients who finally cracks after studying the Joker... probably wouldn't happen with Heath's death...

Black Mask, Deadshot... see phony Dark Knight Rises script.

I am looking forward to the future, no matter who helms the project after Nolan leaves the directors chair for an advisory role.

How about this:
Cobb slowly wakes from his kick-ass dream about Batman. In the dream, Eames was Bane, his father Miles was Alfred, Fischer was Sandman, Arthur was John Blake, and Mal was Marion. Weird. Where the hell is my totem?

jazz-guitarist wrote:How about this:
Cobb slowly wakes from his kick-ass dream about Batman. In the dream, Eames was Bane, his father Miles was Alfred, Fischer was Sandman, Arthur was John Blake, and Mal was Marion. Weird. Where the hell is my totem?

:twothumbsup: :thumbup: :twothumbsup:

Bruce Wayne gets caught as Batman and gets thrown into Arkham Asylum where then you hear the Joker's laugh
JUST KIDDING... I have no clue what its going to be.. Just like Nolan intended
"When art imitates life"

As much as I love some of your guys's thoughts about the ending, I'm sure Nolan's version and thoughts are much better and are not predictable.