[SPOILERS] The Final Scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Busby11 wrote:So that "super-secret" all CGI final scene that was being rumored during production, was it the explosion over the bay or Blake in the cave with the bats?
Most likely the bay scene, I was expecting something more intense for a CG ending but Nolan did his best. It would've been cool if Batman had flashbacks before his presumed death (Parents dying, going to Bhutan, Two Face incident, retirement etc.)

fallengt wrote:Just wonder... did someone scan the TDKR novel ?
Buy it--It's on sale for 20% off list at Target. About the cost of an extra-large coffee at Dunkin Donuts.
That way the author gets some royalties.

I personally think the cgi ending was nothing more than rumors and speculation . I just had a feeling Nolan would make the ending a bit more about the characters rather than some cgi sequence. That is more his style especially when he is trying to wrap things up

JMan wrote:
fallengt wrote:Just wonder... did someone scan the TDKR novel ?
Buy it--It's on sale for 20% off list at Target. About the cost of an extra-large coffee at Dunkin Donuts.
Yes I would but the shipping time is ~ 3-4 weeks and shipping fee alone costs more than the book itself. ( I live outside US).

fallengt wrote:
JMan wrote:
Yes I would but the shipping time is ~ 3-4 weeks and shipping fee alone costs more than the book itself. ( I live outside US).
I don't know about any complete scans.
A complete scan may actually be illegal under existing US copyright laws.
But there have nee a lot of sections transcribed to answer questions in the "Novelization" thread.

Glad someone put the thing together, in the theater watching Blake in the batcave all I had in my mind was when Bruce discovers the cave in Begins.

Gave me goosebumps.

flourentis wrote:
I am wondering what people thought of the ending of Batman as a symbol for Gotham. In BB Bruce states his intention to becoming a symbol to inspire the people of Gotham to save their own city, waking them from apathy. While at the end of TDKR he becomes a clear symbol for the people (statue in city hall) it is left ambiguous whether the symbol actually helped IMPROVE Gotham. I am not sure whether I like that aspect or not.
He's become a symbol for Gotham up until the time they need him again. Sort of like how between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises Batman was the symbol of "evil" vigilante justice so Harvey Dent could remain the hero and keep the Dent Act passed. Now Batman is a symbol again of self-sacrifice and justice as Gotham tries to rebuild itself until Gotham has need of a Batman again (enter Joseph Gordon Levitt).

http://www.themaninthemoviehat.com/what ... ght-rises/

kthevs wrote:
danlowrie wrote:For me the film should have ended once
Alfred sits down at the cafe table and looks over and justs nods and not reveal Bruce and Selina.
Also I've heard people saying that
Alfred was just dreaming this and that Bruce is actually dead?
Dan
You might wanna mention to those idiots that
the novel pretty much confirms he's alive.

The ending was fantastic overall.

Me and the wifey loved it and most of the general movie going public loved it as well.

The wifey did debate on whether or not they should have shown Bruce making it and being alive with his soulmate Selina.

Showing Alfred nodding at Selina without Bruce there and her ordering for two would have worked just as well though.

The ending was fine and from what it seems. Most of the movie going public....loved it! :thumbup:

Bruce is alive, living happily with Selina. You know why? Because he deserves it.