[SPOILERS] The Final Scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
mini111 wrote:I think the whole film will be about Bruce's determination to not be Batman anymore, even in the Dark Knight he was looking for Harvey Dent to take over from him so that he could drop his alter ego and return to being Bruce Wayne. But maybe once he returns to being Batman under the threat of Bane he realises that Bruce Wayne is his alter ego, with his parents dead and the woman he loved also dead he has nothing left as Bruce Wayne. He realises is actually Batman and needs to be there for Gotham City so he kills Bruce Wayne to the public and becomes dedicated to crime fighting as he doesn't need to worry about hiding his alter ego anymore because he isn't Bruce Wayne, he is batman!

I could see Nolan ending the film on a bit of a cliffhanger such as Batman finding a riddle but only so that it gives the viewer the impression that Batman will carry on until he is no more. He is now the Hero the City deserves and the one it needs. :oldmanface:
I like the idea of the first paragraph a lot, but I'm going to say no to the cliffhanger. This movie needs to feel absolutely conclusive for it to achieve what Chris has says he wanted, and there are better ways to depict that Batman will continue to be Batman.

EnzoTheBaker wrote: I like the idea of the first paragraph a lot, but I'm going to say no to the cliffhanger. This movie needs to feel absolutely conclusive for it to achieve what Chris has says he wanted, and there are better ways to depict that Batman will continue to be Batman.
Yeah, I don't think we'll get an Inception style tease. I wouldn't mind a Batman 89 ending, with Batman back on Gotham's "good side", just watching over the city.
Batman-News.com
The Premiere Source For All Things Batman
Twitter / Facebook / Google+

EnzoTheBaker wrote:
mini111 wrote:I think the whole film will be about Bruce's determination to not be Batman anymore, even in the Dark Knight he was looking for Harvey Dent to take over from him so that he could drop his alter ego and return to being Bruce Wayne. But maybe once he returns to being Batman under the threat of Bane he realises that Bruce Wayne is his alter ego, with his parents dead and the woman he loved also dead he has nothing left as Bruce Wayne. He realises is actually Batman and needs to be there for Gotham City so he kills Bruce Wayne to the public and becomes dedicated to crime fighting as he doesn't need to worry about hiding his alter ego anymore because he isn't Bruce Wayne, he is batman!

I could see Nolan ending the film on a bit of a cliffhanger such as Batman finding a riddle but only so that it gives the viewer the impression that Batman will carry on until he is no more. He is now the Hero the City deserves and the one it needs. :oldmanface:
I like the idea of the first paragraph a lot, but I'm going to say no to the cliffhanger. This movie needs to feel absolutely conclusive for it to achieve what Chris has says he wanted, and there are better ways to depict that Batman will continue to be Batman.
I think it could be quite symbolic if they use it to show that he will carry on forever.

Otherwise if rumours are true then maybe the topic of the whole film will be like I suggested but will end with him
breaking his back
giving the final twist that he needs to realise he is human

Maybe this is going to sound idiotic - I'm not that familiar with all of the comic book scenarios - but is there any possibility of another person taking over for Bruce as Batman? He does seem to want out, and there is the whole broken back storyline. Would it be possible that someone else could take over for Bruce in the film so that batman goes on in the event of his injury or death?

I think we will get some final scene with Batman and Gordon. It happened in the last two movies and it would make sense. Gordon talks to Batman...You have restored Gotham and some more dialogue happens about how Batman has inspired the people to do good...Gordon says, "Look at what Bruce Wayne is doing in Gotham." and so on and so forth then he thanks him for saving Gotham!! Batman says you dont have to thank me and you never will! as Batman jumps off the roof(this last part wont happen of course seeing its the begins ending..but you never know).. pan up to the sky..We get the batsymbol and it ends with The Dark Knight Rises!

Notrip22 wrote:I think we will get some final scene with Batman and Gordon. It happened in the last two movies and it would make sense. Gordon talks to Batman...You have restored Gotham and some more dialogue happens about how Batman has inspired the people to do good...Gordon says, "Look at what Bruce Wayne is doing in Gotham." and so on and so forth then he thanks him for saving Gotham!! Batman says you dont have to thank me and you never will! as Batman jumps off the roof(this last part wont happen of course seeing its the begins ending..but you never know).. pan up to the sky..We get the batsymbol and it ends with The Dark Knight Rises!
Its possible.

Bruce Wayne wakes up and the entire Inception team is around him and they all start laughing
"When art imitates life"

Patrick Bateman wakes up. The movie fades out to Huey Lewis and the News.

dafox wrote:Bruce Wayne wakes up and the entire Inception team is around him and they all start laughing
That would be so awesome if they filmed something like that just for the heck of it.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Bruce Wayne's funeral. Alfred leads Selina away from the cemetery. They enter Wayne Manor. The elevator stops in the cave, Selina walks towards a bank of computers. Batman stands viewing the monitors without his mask. He turns to face Selina...

SELINA
Bruce Wayne is dead.

BATMAN
He died a long time ago. I don't have to wear that mask anymore.

SELINA
What will you do now?

BATMAN
Gotham still needs to be saved. I have to finish what I started.

WIDE SHOT as BATS engulf the screen.
Cut to black.
THE DARK KNIGHT RISES.
Credits.
-------------