[SPOILERS] The Final Scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
BaneOfTheDemon wrote:Anyone who says Batman actually died must have been too burned-out to understand the scenes where Lucius asks about the auto-pilot on The Bat and finds out it has been fixed months earlier and Gordon finds out the Bat Signal has been fixed before looking up and giving a big smile. Seriously, two hints that Bruce Wayne is still alive and then they show Alfred in that Italian restaurant nodding to him and Selina. If Alfred was just imagining things then how would you explain him knowing about them having a romance? I don't recall him even meeting Selina, maybe just in the beginning when he thought she was just a made.

But why can't it be that before his death, Bruce took care of the light, his will and things to make sure the key people thought Batman could be alive. That way, Blake could be Batman and people would still think it is the same person. If there is no hint that batman could have survived, well Blake in a suit is not batman but just some new copycat vigilante. This way, Blake becomes Batman. Batman lives. Bruce dies. Alfred's vision was just that. His hope that Bruce was happy.

I have only seen it once and need to go back and see it again but when I saw it, I took the ending as Bruce took care of things to make sure Batman would live. Not Robin or Nightwing but Batman.

avcs wrote:
BaneOfTheDemon wrote:Anyone who says Batman actually died must have been too burned-out to understand the scenes where Lucius asks about the auto-pilot on The Bat and finds out it has been fixed months earlier and Gordon finds out the Bat Signal has been fixed before looking up and giving a big smile. Seriously, two hints that Bruce Wayne is still alive and then they show Alfred in that Italian restaurant nodding to him and Selina. If Alfred was just imagining things then how would you explain him knowing about them having a romance? I don't recall him even meeting Selina, maybe just in the beginning when he thought she was just a made.

But why can't it be that before his death, Bruce took care of the light, his will and things to make sure the key people thought Batman could be alive. That way, Blake could be Batman and people would still think it is the same person. If there is no hint that batman could have survived, well Blake in a suit is not batman but just some new copycat vigilante. This way, Blake becomes Batman. Batman lives. Bruce dies. Alfred's vision was just that. His hope that Bruce was happy.

I have only seen it once and need to go back and see it again but when I saw it, I took the ending as Bruce took care of things to make sure Batman would live. Not Robin or Nightwing but Batman.
THE F****
Bruce Wayne did NOT died
period

JonnyG wrote:
avcs wrote:

THE F****
Bruce Wayne did NOT died
period
Why? Because of the light, the will, the fixed auto-pilot and the vision?

avcs wrote:
JonnyG wrote:
THE F****
Bruce Wayne did NOT died
period
You missed subtextual cues. Example: the music cue on Alfred's face when he see's Bruce at the cafe'. It's not a curious, mystifying piece of music like the end of Inception, it's very much a definitive "this is it boys" piece of music.

Crazy Eight wrote:
avcs wrote:
You missed subtextual cues. Example: the music cue on Alfred's face when he see's Bruce at the cafe'. It's not a curious, mystifying piece of music like the end of Inception, it's very much a definitive "this is it boys" piece of music.
That could be, as well as the necklace. The necklace could be the bigger clue. The estate lost it and she is wearing it. Good point, I had forgotten about that.

But I still think he could be dead. The ending is so ambiguous, especially with him in the bat right before the explosion that I still think he could have died.

How the fuck was it ambiguous...at all? It was very clear-cut. This isn't Inception
Sigs???

avcs wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:
That could be, as well as the necklace. The necklace could be the bigger clue. The estate lost it and she is wearing it. Good point, I had forgotten about that.

But I still think he could be dead. The ending is so ambiguous, especially with him in the bat right before the explosion that I still think he could have died.
THEY SHOW HIM ALIVE. With a woman who Alfred couldn't have known he'd be with.

How less ambiguous can you possibly get?

Wait a minute... I thought it all was a Ra's dream :o

avcs wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:

Except that it's not ambiguous at all. The script and the official novel make it clear that he's alive. Plus, Greg Cox, who wrote the official novel, has said himself that it is not meant to be ambiguous and that no one at WB or Syncopy told him to make it ambiguous. You missed the boat, buddy. Bruce faking his death is straight from the comics. In the script, we don't even see him in the BAT after the building blows up. That last cockpit shot was added purely for dramatic effect by Nolan.

the whole trilogy is ambiguous...

Are Bruces parents really dead? we cant be sure...
Is Batman good or evil? well he did murder Harvey Dent...
Is Rachel dead?!... we never get to see her body...

fucking nolan!

i was been sarcastic.
also let me put this here...
Last edited by JonnyG on August 16th, 2012, 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.