[SPOILERS] The Final Scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I thought it was all Bruce's dreams?

Actually it's his father's.

Mr. Caine wrote:You guys are all idiots. The whole batman series never happened. The truth is Alfred is an avid acid user. He has been in and out of sobriety but this time it's bad. This whole series is just alfred tripping balls.
this

Uh oh spaghettio
Sigs???

the fuck happened

TehForumGetsBraked

oh yeah

help me

What the fuck just happened in here?

Edit: Fixed it!

I'm about to blow everyone's minds.::SPOILERS::

Having seen TDKR 3 times now, I finally figured out how it makes sense that Bruce Wayne is alive at the end of the film. The first time I saw it, I contemplated the possibility that Alfred may have only imagined seeing Bruce at the end of the movie, which is sad but also a very Nolan esque thing to do. That in reality he did die in the nuclear blast, and Alfred just had one too many Fernet Branca's and hallucinated seeing Bruce.
The second time I saw it though, I noticed all the allusion to the auto pilot i.e. It being broken and when at the very end it's made explicitly clear Bruce had fixed the auto pilot of the bat. So I came out of the film without a doubt in my mind that Bruce had in fact survived and is alive at the end of the film. However, me and my brother who had both seen TDKR twice at this point couldn't figure out how the hell Bruce was able to survive the explosion, being that we see a close up shot of Bruce in the cockpit of the bat followed by a shot of the bombs timer counting down from 5 seconds left. We even tried to myth bust this concept by breaking it down mathematically. We assumed based on google research that the bat was able to travel anywhere between 200-300 mph at top speed. Taking into account that the blast radius of the bomb was 5 or 6 miles, it was not possible for Bruce to bail with 5 seconds to go and clear the blast radius. Therefore, either Bruce has cancer now, or this is just a flaw in the script/plot and very unlike Nolan. Some could argue it is misdirection for misdirections sake. What I mean by that is Nolan had to make us viewers believe that Bruce had died in order to make the reveal that he's alive later that much more powerful. Therefore he threw logic out the window and chose to show that shot of Bruce in the cockpit with 5 seconds to spare.

This leads me to the breakthrough I had after watching the movie a third time. What have we come to learn of the vehicles Lucious Fox has created for Bruce in this Dark Knight trilogy? There's always some type of contingency for escaping the vehicle i.e the bat pod ejecting out of the tumbler in TDK. Now I'm not claiming to be the first person to claim that Bruce ejected from the bat and that is how he survived. Many people had come to this conclusion. But it still doesn't explain how he survived and was able to get clear of the blast radius. Here is my theory, and I think it's a damn good one:
Yes we see a close up shot of Bruce in the cockpit of the bat prior to the bomb going off 5 secs later. But the key words of that statement are "close up shot". I'm going to assume if in fact there is a ejection function to the bat, it's gonna be something similar to the ejection function of the helicopter in the film Goldeneye, where the cockpit section of the vehicle is detached from the rest of the vehicle. Here's a link to this scene. Cut to the 1:09 mark to see what I mean. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoZbQBj7 ... ata_player
So what I am saying is yes we do see shots of Bruce still seeming to be sitting in the cockpit of the bat. But who is to say that he hasn't ejected from it and the bat we see gliding out to sea to explode is cockpit-less. If he was able to eject in a fashion similar to the way the helicopters eject function works in Goldeneye, then he could still be in the cockpit somewhere in gotham city clear of the bat and the nuclear bombs blast radius.

This theory is the best I have been able to come up with and I think watching the end of TDKR with this in mind makes the fact that Bruce survived that much more believeable. What do you guys think of it?