[SPOILERS] The Final Scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Alberto wrote:Bruce is alive, living happily with Selina. You know why? Because he deserves it.

Exactly!

That's the way I envisioned the ending may play out when I first heard Catwoman would be in it. With people thinking Bruce/Batman is dead, but we see him with Selina somewhere in France or Europe...being happy for once in his life.

Alberto wrote:Bruce is alive, living happily with Selina. You know why? Because he deserves it.
And that was what he wanted since TDK.

I like how these characters are connected. Selina wants another chance, just like Bruce.
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

I know that Warner's plans a "beboot" of Batman, and it probably won't have Gordon-Levett as the Caped Crusader.

But here's what I'd pay good money to see.

Ten years from now, Nolan makes a film version of Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns."

Bale could play Bruce as an older man--with makeup, it could look like it's 20 years after TDKR.

He' married to Selina, he's got kids. But he comes out of retirement, NOT to do the fighting--to train an army of "Sons of the Batman" to do the fighting, just like in the graphic novel.

And if he kicks an older Superman's butt, well that's just one more reason to do the film.

Just an idea. Anyone agree?

JMan wrote:I know that Warner's plans a "beboot" of Batman, and it probably won't have Gordon-Levett as the Caped Crusader.

Ten years from now, Nolan makes a film version of Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns."

Bale could play Bruce as an older man--with makeup, it could look like it's 20 years after TDKR.

He' married to Selina, he's got kids. But he comes out of retirement, NOT to do the fighting--to train an army of "Sons of the Batman" to do the fighting, just like in the graphic novel.

And if he kicks an older Superman's butt, well that's just one more reason to do the film.

Nope.

Monicabbm wrote:

I like how these characters are connected. Selina wants another chance, just like Bruce.
I loved the ending from a creative standpoint. From a character-centric standpoint, I think it did the job well closing the circles and relationship of Bruce and Alfred, but I really don't see the connection with Selina.

I mean, like a lot in the third act, it felt too rushed. Bruce meets her, she searches redemption BANG! Happy Ever After. I think it didn't work that well.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

didich wrote:
Monicabbm wrote:

I loved the ending from a creative standpoint. From a character-centric standpoint, I think it did the job well closing the circles and relationship of Bruce and Alfred, but I really don't see the connection with Selina.

I mean, like a lot in the third act, it felt too rushed. Bruce meets her, she searches redemption BANG! Happy Ever After. I think it didn't work that well.
2 Broken people looking for a fresh start ....Made sense to me There was a clear attraction from the get go to me.

Alberto wrote:
JMan wrote:I know that Warner's plans a "beboot" of Batman, and it probably won't have Gordon-Levett as the Caped Crusader.

Nope.
Wow! You had to actually login and type that helpful, uh, "comment." I'm impressed. :lol:

I didn't notice this in the first viewing but after Blake got what was left from Bruce (when the lady states his other name Robin). The guy states the only thing missing from the estate was a string of pearls (the pearl necklace) I was wondering if Selina would be wearing them in the cafe scene and in fact she was.

aaron wrote:
Hustler wrote:
That was Miranda, no?
No, it was Selina, when Alfred says
"you two should exchange notes over coffee" and Bruce retorts "so now you're trying to set me up with a jewel thief?"
Yes, this is exactly what happened! Alfred never tried to set up Miranda & Bruce together ;)
Indeed he does! :twothumbsup:
TJ418 wrote:
didich wrote:

2 Broken people looking for a fresh start ....Made sense to me There was a clear attraction from the get go to me.
Exactly... I wouldn't have answered any better to that ;) And if you still don't get it, then I think the best thing to do is to quote Jon Nolan:
“Something about her morally ambiguous philosophy finally gives Batman someone he can relate to. In a weird way, she’s the yin to his yang. The dynamic between them is so fresh—the playful way she kind of pokes fun at him—it sparks a connection between them and takes some of the somberness away from his character.”

I wanted to see him with a chimpanzee at the café during the end scene. So disappointing. :(