[SPOILERS] The Final Scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
The funny thing about that is ... once you expect the Nolan mind fuck ... its pretty predictable.

I've never seen Memento. My wife has. Yesterday we were talking about it, and she gave me the setting and the basic premise of the film. I completely pulled the Nolan mind fuck out of thin air without seeing the film, reading any reviews about it.

She was like, "How did you know that?" Because, if you expect the Nolan mind fuck, its not as unpredictable as you might imagine.

So the only way Nolan could mind fuck me right now is if the ending of The Dark Knight Rises is so conventional, I never saw it coming.

Of course, this whole thread is a Nolan mind fuck.

:ugeek:

darkest_knight wrote:The funny thing about that is ... once you expect the Nolan mind fuck ... its pretty predictable.

I've never seen Memento. My wife has. Yesterday we were talking about it, and she gave me the setting and the basic premise of the film. I completely pulled the Nolan mind fuck out of thin air without seeing the film, reading any reviews about it.

She was like, "How did you know that?" Because, if you expect the Nolan mind fuck, its not as unpredictable as you might imagine.

So the only way Nolan could mind fuck me right now is if the ending of The Dark Knight Rises is so conventional, I never saw it coming.

Of course, this whole thread is a Nolan mind fuck.

:ugeek:
Cool.

I agree. I think the ending will be fairly conventional. TDK wasn't really a mind-f*** but it was SO well done and so much more complex than the average comic book movie. Lots of depth and symbolism throughout.

I was re-watching the Michael Keaton version of Batman recently and it's just so campy and one-dimensional by comparison.

darkest_knight wrote:I vote "no" on the Nepalese monastery ending. This isn't a Kung Fu movie.

I'm gonna throw this out there:
The Batman is dead. But Bruce is still alive.
10 years later, a young boy is reading a Batman comic in the back of a circus trailer. Bruce Wayne walks up to him, introduces himself, and tells him he's looking forward to his family's act that night at the circus. The boy smiles at Bruce, tells him that someday he wants to be Batman and go on adventures . Bruce tells him that Batman isn't about adventures, but about doing good in the world. The boy asks how he can do good in the world. Bruce replies, "Even the smallest of us can do marvelous things, when they stand up for what is right." Bruce asks the boy what his name is. Dick Grayon.

Fade Out.
And as much as I like the Nolanverse... it's gonna have to go eventually. Bring on the reboot, and the actual Batverse, so that the Penguin, and Killer Croc, and Poison Ivy, and Solomon Grundy, and the Mad Hatter can all have a go.
or you could like let nolan end it his way. The reboot crap should not be a aspect of this film. :facepalm:

they can start that with the damn reboot itself..
Say Girl

darkest_knight doesn't seem to enjoy Nolan's Batman films very much. Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?

Mason01 wrote:darkest_knight doesn't seem to enjoy Nolan's Batman films very much. Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?
I think he enjoys them but hes obviously a huge fan boy of the comics. Which in itself means that he wants another campy version that features all of his lovable villains and goofy plots. I guess he just isn't satisfied with Nolan's take. You can NEVER please a fan boy....ever.

They fucking show you the end of Momento when it first comes on! That movie isn't suppose to be a mind fuck. It's not about the twist. Just how you get there. Darkest Knight... :facepalm:
Say Girl

The end of the film is Wayne, Kyle and Caine sipping Coffee in ITALY as filmed in Greenwich UK i.e. alls well that ends well

Looks like Gotham becomes No Man's Land. Those who remained band together to help Batman stop Bane. Over the course of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight the morality of Gotham City's citizens have evolved. From helpless and without hope to people willing to stand up and fight for themselves [Batman Copycats and The Two Ferries Scene]. From streets overrun with criminals to a place where criminals live in fear. Imagine this, Batman [and Catwoman?] team up during the final encounter with Bane. Batman, badly beaten, loses his mask. Bruce realizes there is no hiding now. Cue Bane's defeat. Laying in the rubble, Catwoman comforts a seemingly dying Bruce. Cue the sentimental dialogue. She helps him up, he's limping. Gordon, citizens, and the rest of GCPD applaud a Billionaire for his heroics and sacrifice. Promising to keep the identity secret. Preserving the anonymity of the symbol. Bruce goes on to be a face for Gotham. One without a mask. A knight's armor is only as strong as the man beneath it.

The Final Scene? Kinda like this...

SPIDER-MAN 2 Train Scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av2FS2xDWpY

However, I really like the possibilities the Lazarus Pits presents. Death. Resurrection. The idea of getting back those who you have lost. How far would Bruce go to bring back the ones he loved? The parents he lost. The friends he let The Joker kill. And maybe... himself.

I think the whole film will be about Bruce's determination to not be Batman anymore, even in the Dark Knight he was looking for Harvey Dent to take over from him so that he could drop his alter ego and return to being Bruce Wayne. But maybe once he returns to being Batman under the threat of Bane he realises that Bruce Wayne is his alter ego, with his parents dead and the woman he loved also dead he has nothing left as Bruce Wayne. He realises is actually Batman and needs to be there for Gotham City so he kills Bruce Wayne to the public and becomes dedicated to crime fighting as he doesn't need to worry about hiding his alter ego anymore because he isn't Bruce Wayne, he is batman!

I could see Nolan ending the film on a bit of a cliffhanger such as Batman finding a riddle but only so that it gives the viewer the impression that Batman will carry on until he is no more. He is now the Hero the City deserves and the one it needs. :oldmanface: