[SPOILERS] The Final Scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Soap141 wrote:
TJ418 wrote:Nolan had final cut . See the film before judging . Regardless it was his call
Then I guess he completely lost his mind.

Sorry, I know this is the "Nolan Can't Do No Wrong - Love Boards" but give me a break... sometimes you gotta call it like it is.

This ending does not do the journey of Batman justice.

The way it reads I think the movie will be watchable until
the Catwoman Tumbler cannon thing.
Well, thinking about the ending now, it does callback to Harvey Dent's whole idea that
Bruce is looking for someone to take up his mantle.
Sure at the time, he wasn't talking about someone literally
becoming the next Batman
, but it just helps bring the story closer to being full-circle.

If you really don't mind being spoiled,
yes, the cafe scene is real.

"Don't stop believing..." Bruce eats an onion ring (CUT TO BLACK) and music...

Assassin9 wrote:
hotsauce32 wrote:
Did you read any of these spoilers before seeing the film? If so, did it maybe lessen the impact of the ending for you?

I saw the film without reading any of these spoilers and I loved the ending. Really can't wait to see it again Thursday night

I kinda feel bad for people who read the ending spoilers. You guys should really see it in the context of the film, I think you'll appreciate the ending more

So since you two saw the film, would you be willing to definitively answer the question about
Batman/Bruce's fate? Is the cafe ending legit (he retires)?
Thanks guys!
Yes, the cafe scene is real. There are two cafe scenes, both are IMAX for some reason. I guess that also confirms Bruce's fate. As for Batman... :batface:

"That's not what I had in mind when I said I wanted to inspire people."

So, wait. Bruce did not have it in mind to inspire other vigilantes, yet is cool with Robin running the show now?

hotsauce32 wrote:If you really don't mind being spoiled,
yes, the cafe scene is real.
CalebH92 wrote:
Assassin9 wrote:

So since you two saw the film, would you be willing to definitively answer the question about
Batman/Bruce's fate? Is the cafe ending legit (he retires)?
Thanks guys!
Yes, the cafe scene is real. There are two cafe scenes, both are IMAX for some reason. I guess that also confirms Bruce's fate. As for Batman... :batface:

Thanks a lot for the replies guys! I really really appreciate it!

banepants wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:I've been looking on SHH and some of the reviews from the press that
...let's just say aren't in my taste.

I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm not going to be the biggest fan of the ending. Not that it won't be well done or anything, just that I wanted or expected something different.

What did you want or expect? I didn't have any expectations other than that it'll deliver, so I'm kind of psyched by the spoilers.

This is not an attempt to restart the flamewar that's been going on here for the past week, I'm honestly curious.
Let's just say it's looking like Begins will remain my personal favorite of the series and leave it at that.

Well the cafe scene ending has put me of this film completely and it being suggested that John Blake becomes Batman doesn't ring true at all.

Why would Bruce just retire to lead a happy and smug life in Paris with Selina (oh and not even bother to tell Alfred) and leave John Blake to assume the mantle of Batman or Robin (so Robin without Batman yeah right!)? This sounds like something from some dumb popcorn flick are we supposed to believe that Gotham will be fine now because a beat cop has found the Batcave? If thats the case we might as well have Bruce leave Gotham to the Batman copycats we saw at the start of the TDK. The whole point of Bruce's story arc has not been about "Bruce finally wanting to have a normal life" its been about Gotham not needing Batman because it has someone else to take up the mantle of Batman too improve Gotham but in a way that Batman never could. Bruce retiring and leaving Gotham to another masked vigilante sounds like a step backward and no real resolution to the story!

Oh and on Bruce's happy retirement I want to say that the only way Bruce can ever retire from being Batman is by being dead this whole "Bruce finally finds redemption" happy ending just sounds false to me I thought Nolan was dealing with the real world if this is how he is ending the trilogy he might as well have Bruce getting married to Selina at the end because the cafe scene sounds just as crass and false as that!

Okay you people think Nolan has had the final cut on this film? I'm not that naive for a film this big I'm betting he had to compromise with WB suits who perhaps didn't like the sound of the film having total finality to Nolan's take on Batman.

The idea of this trilogy ending with the door left open for some kind of offshoot or continuation of the story just doesn't sound right and against everything Nolan has worked for on this trilogy. I was hoping that the end of the film would make it clear that this is the end of the line for Bruce and for Nolan's take on Batman. My guesses are that Nolan probably wanted that but the WB suits insisted that he leave the ending open and also force some kind of happy ending on the film robbing of us the earth shattering ending this film truly deserved.
Last edited by idealist on July 18th, 2012, 5:58 am, edited 4 times in total.

idealist wrote:Well the cafe scene ending has put me of this film completely and it being suggested that John Blake becomes Batman doesn't ring true at all.

Why would Bruce just retire to lead a happy and smug life in Paris with Selina (oh and not even bother to tell Alfred) and leave John Blake to assume the mantle of Batman or Robin (so Robin without Batman yeah right!)? This sounds like something from some dumb popcorn flick are we supposed to believe that Gotham will be fine now because a beat cop has found the Batcave? If thats the case we might as well have Bruce leave Gotham to the Batman copycats we saw at the start of the TDK. The whole point of Bruce's story arc has not been about "Bruce finally wanting to have a normal life" its been about Gotham not needing Batman because it has someone else to take up the mantle of Batman but not in the way Batman has. Bruce retiring and leaving Gotham to another masked vigilante sounds like a step backward and no real resolution to the story!

Oh and on Bruce's happy retirement I Just want to say that the only way Bruce can ever retire from being Batman is by being dead this whole "Bruce finally finds redemption" happy ending just sounds false to me I thought Nolan was dealing with the real world if this is how hes ending the trilogy he might as well have Bruce getting married to Selina at the end because the cafe scene sounds just as crass and false as that!

Okay you people think Nolan has had the final cut but I'm not that naive for a film this big I'm betting it had to compromise with WB suits who perhaps didn't like the sound of the film having total finality to Nolan's take on Batman.

The idea of this trilogy ending with the door left open for some kind of offshoot just doesn't sound right and against everything Nolan has worked for on this trilogy. I was hoping that the end of the film would make it clear that this is the end of the line for Bruce and for Nolan's take on Batman. My guesses are that Nolan probably wanted that but the WB suits insisted that he leave the ending open and also force some kind of happy ending on the film robbing of us the earth shattering ending this film truly deserved.
Well, contrary to many guys on this forum, i will watch the film without bias and i will judge it for myself instead of relying on hearsay. NEVER judge a film you haven't seen.

Keep in mind Nolan has always said that this series is about Bruce wanyes arc and they want to give him a fitting ending. For him to be able to move on from all the death that surrounds him and admit that it's not his sole responsibility and that he's given it his all but found solace is probably the best place to leave it.

That said Nolan never said he'd give batman an ending, after all batman is more than just a man he's a legend... :batface: