[SPOILERS] The Final Scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
The inclusion of the Clean Slate confused my friends at first.
After discussing it, I think that it not only serves as a motivation for Catwoman and a means for her to get her clean start. But I think that both her and Bruce used it at the end. As Ra's al Ghul says in BB, the world is too small for someone like Bruce Wayne to hide. In order to make is faked death work, Bruce needed to change his identity hence the inclusion of the Clean Slate

darthnazgul wrote:Hard to see but in the scene where Fox is showing the Bat, you can just about see desert camo on it in one shot.
JMan wrote:
Black says that
when Bruce Wayne visited the Orphanarium (Futurama reference), Black says Wayne's sad look and just KNEW he was Batman. It sounds a lot better on screen than it reads on the page.
We see his detective skills shine through in a way that kinda reminds me of
Tim Drake.
The scene where John Blake tells Bruce he knows who Batman is was directly inspired by the scene in "A Lonely Place of Dying" where Tim tells Dick and Alfred he knows who Bruce and Dick are Batman and Robin. The difference being Tim was trying to tell Dick that Batman needed a Robin; here, John is telling Bruce that Gotham needs a Batman.

The more I think about it, yeah, they did a damn good interpretation of
Robin.
kahern93 wrote:The inclusion of the Clean Slate confused my friends at first.
After discussing it, I think that it not only serves as a motivation for Catwoman and a means for her to get her clean start. But I think that both her and Bruce used it at the end. As Ra's al Ghul says in BB, the world is too small for someone like Bruce Wayne to hide. In order to make is faked death work, Bruce needed to change his identity hence the inclusion of the Clean Slate
He's a pretty recognizable face though. You can't wipe memories.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

kahern93 wrote:
Fairly certain there was only one bat.
Well there had to be at least 2
one clearly gets blown up and they are examining another Bat at the end when they realize the autopilot was fixed. Personally I think there was three, the 2 previously mentioned and then one Bruce switches to after he puts the Bat with the neutron bomb on autopilot. I posted about this in the plot holes thread, but I think he ditches the Bat with the bomb during the explosion by the buildings and potentially gets in another Bat for a getaway vehicle
This would make sense since it was edited in a way that heavily implied that he was flying a bat.

xSeanZx wrote:So here is mu question.... when Bruce spins the top.... does it actually fall?

In all seriousness to the guy who is saying he is really dead.... come on man.... the movie makes a specific effort to point out hat the auto pilot feature was fixed, thus letting us know that he was not dead.

This movie was incredible. I swear Anne Hathaway should get a supporting actress nod. She was AMAZING!!!
Some people ignore logic and what's in front of them and want to believe that he...
he died, because that's what they wanted to happen. They're disappointed it didn't happen, so now they're facts and logic. And by people, I mean one person on here.
Last edited by kthevs on July 20th, 2012, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blackenstein wrote:
darthnazgul wrote:Hard to see but in the scene where Fox is showing the Bat, you can just about see desert camo on it in one shot.

We see his detective skills shine through in a way that kinda reminds me of
Tim Drake.
The scene where John Blake tells Bruce he knows who Batman is was directly inspired by the scene in "A Lonely Place of Dying" where Tim tells Dick and Alfred he knows who Bruce and Dick are Batman and Robin. The difference being Tim was trying to tell Dick that Batman needed a Robin; here, John is telling Bruce that Gotham needs a Batman.
Good call!

solo2001 wrote:
JMan wrote:
Right! Lucius says earlier, "And it comes in black." Mystery solved! Proof of two Bats.
Now I can get some sleep after last night's midnight show.
Fairly certain there was only one bat. "And it comes in black." doesn't mean "And it also comes in black." I think Fox was referencing a line from BB.

Oh really now? :think:

solo2001 wrote:
kahern93 wrote:
Well there had to be at least 2
one clearly gets blown up and they are examining another Bat at the end when they realize the autopilot was fixed. Personally I think there was three, the 2 previously mentioned and then one Bruce switches to after he puts the Bat with the neutron bomb on autopilot. I posted about this in the plot holes thread, but I think he ditches the Bat with the bomb during the explosion by the buildings and potentially gets in another Bat for a getaway vehicle
This would make sense since it was edited in a way that heavily implied that he was flying a bat.
Yeah, this is where the film could have used some of, say, 15-20 minutes extra used throughout the film.

Maybe a slightly longer look at the final
shot of Batman in the Bat that would more clearly imply (on second viewing) that he was not in the Bat that explodes.
However, the film is great--and makes sense--just as it is.

Is the final scene
possibly ambiguous wishful thinking of Alfred?