[SPOILERS] The Final Scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I feel a bit sorry for idealist, because you're denying yourself enjoyment of a truly epic film
I kind of agree with the ending needing perhaps a little more ambiguity in the cafe scene
(maybe they could have cut it quicker, don't know). Personally, I still feel it works.

As for the Robin thing, I'm with Nolan on that one. You couldn't bring the whole Boy wonder thing with the
red costume/tights into the film without wrecking it. But what is Robin's role. Batman's sidekick, yes, but
he also humanizes and moderates Batman's extremity a bit, he helps Batman out.
This is exactly what Blake does throughout the film, both with moral support and acutal assistance in the final
battle, so really he did exactly what Robin does, and I think the nod from Nolan (the "real name" bit) worked.
I reckon the rising monolith/fade to black was absolutely perfect though, terrific final shot !

Regardless of that, most of you folk seem to get that the film perhaps isn't perfect and could never satisfy everybody,
however, it is still a monumental triumph and a worthy conclusion (I feel it's perfect in that respect).

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

Batmannerism wrote:I feel a bit sorry for idealist, because you're denying yourself enjoyment of a truly epic film
I kind of agree with the ending needing perhaps a little more ambiguity in the cafe scene
(maybe they could have cut it quicker, don't know). Personally, I still feel it works.

As for the Robin thing, I'm with Nolan on that one. You couldn't bring the whole Boy wonder thing with the
red costume/tights into the film without wrecking it. But what is Robin's role. Batman's sidekick, yes, but
he also humanizes and moderates Batman's extremity a bit, he helps Batman out.
This is exactly what Blake does throughout the film, both with moral support and acutal assistance in the final
battle, so really he did exactly what Robin does, and I think the nod from Nolan (the "real name" bit) worked.
I reckon the rising monolith/fade to black was absolutely perfect though, terrific final shot !

Regardless of that, most of you folk seem to get that the film perhaps isn't perfect and could never satisfy everybody,
however, it is still a monumental triumph and a worthy conclusion (I feel it's perfect in that respect).

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
SOme people will bitch about he ending like they did with banes voice and some people who love nolan and his choices will respect it. we have to see, typing a little paragraph online wont sufice for an epic masterpiece.
Brave New World

Just got out of the movie. The ending works fine with the trilogy and the story that was told.

CroissantRoll wrote:Just got out of the movie. The ending works fine with the trilogy and the story that was told.

Obligatory how many stars out of 10 question? What do you give it?

CroissantRoll wrote:Just got out of the movie. The ending works fine with the trilogy and the story that was told.
Would you say it's more emotion and epic than the ending of TDK?

BlairCo wrote:
The equalivent of the ending of
Inception
both tonally and story-wise to a point.

Have seen the film twice. 10 out of 10 stars!
I found TDKR ending more emotional than TDK, and I loved TDK. Its the emotional payoff we ve been waiting for since Batman Begins in 2005.

BlairCo wrote:
I like them on the same level for different reasons. Really puts a nice bookend on the whole saga.

Also, which track plays at the end?

I don't think the credits have been on any OST track.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...