What are you building for him now, a rocket ship?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Is it just me or does TDK hint a little at the plot of TDKR just like BB did at the end when we saw the joker card. I mean Lucius saying batman's armor should do fine against cats was a complete giveaway for me. Did anybody notice any other TDKR hints in TDK?

SonarLikeaSubmarine wrote:Is it just me or does TDK hint a little at the plot of TDKR just like BB did at the end when we saw the joker card. I mean Lucius saying batman's armor should do fine against cats was a complete giveaway for me. Did anybody notice any other TDKR hints in TDK?
Why wouldn't you post this in the Batwing thread?

http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... =33&t=5013

It's not really about the batwing, it is more about overlapping themes/motifs that carry on from one nolan film onto the next...

Same with Lucius Fox telling Bruce that the new suit would do fine against cats.

SonarLikeaSubmarine wrote:Is it just me or does TDK hint a little at the plot of TDKR just like BB did at the end when we saw the joker card. I mean Lucius saying batman's armor should do fine against cats was a complete giveaway for me. Did anybody notice any other TDKR hints in TDK?
When the joker said (Paraphrasing here) "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you...stranger" I thought yep -we are getting Hugo Strange next film... Especially after Fox's comment about cats!

Looks like I was wrong :facepalm:

When bruce was talking to alfred in TDK he still used the same "a criminal is not complicated" line that ra's told him in BB. That was using the same understanding of how a criminal mind works as Bruce was trained to learn but with Alfred's story following that, Nolan just showed us plain as day the difference between the Joker and other regular criminals who are just greedy. One big motif in these films are the minds of criminals and what makes them do what they do. Some other movie would only care to just show the bad guys being bad...but this movie communicates very well the reasons of evil men...

Complete giveaway of TDKR ending in TDK.
- Know your limits, Master Wayne
- Batman has no limits.
- Well, you do, sir.
- Can`t afford to know them!

Obviously, the day where Alfred will tell Bruce "I told you so" is coming.

Obsession wrote:Complete giveaway of TDKR ending in TDK.
- Batman has no limits.
- Well, you do, sir.

Do you not remember the scene where this already happened in TDK?

indiefilmconnor wrote:
Obsession wrote:Complete giveaway of TDKR ending in TDK.
- Batman has no limits.
- Well, you do, sir.

Do you not remember the scene where this already happened in TDK?
About 1:20 into the film, Alfred's already told him so. Besides, Batman is going to 'rise' implying that he'll become a sort of legend in TDKR, I don't see why Bruce should find his limits in achieving this.

But the Joker card wasn't something subtle. it was a DIRECT reference - the rocket ship thing isn't, it was meant in a 'humorous' way.