TDKR Celebrity/Industry Reactions & Buzz Discussion

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Of course it will. It has a much larger fan base.

Barrett wrote:Kevin Smith and Damon Lindelof...
SHUT UP DAMON...

I don't want Bruce to die.

Sidenote: Despite the Hobbits buzz on the interwebz...The Dark Knight will still come out on top. The Hobbit fans might just be a bit more vocal...

GothamGirl wrote:
SHUT UP DAMON...

Sidenote: Despite the Hobbits buzz on the interwebz...The Dark Knight will still come out on top. The Hobbit fans might just be a bit more vocal...
+1

BlairCo wrote:Hugh Jackman has finally watched the Prologue:
Awesome!!
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

GothamGirl wrote:
SHUT UP DAMON...

Let's not be delusional here...
Nolan did a great thing re-inventing the franchise and bringing people back to Batman ie. myself. He's my fave director but LOTR and that franchise has a much larger fanbase. TDK of course was a stellar movie which deserved every accolade and buck it made but Ledgers death DID circulate more interest and was a part of the reason it was so successful. Without that
Not saying the movie wouldn't have been successful, but it wouldn't have been (money-wise) to the extent it was.
If anything it will be a very close match because tdkr has a very up a coming cast and if anne does get a lot of hype for her performance (tom hardy also) the months before then it could make as much money tdkr did. TDKR has the advantage of summer box office too.

I agree about the hobbit fans being more vocal though, that book and those characters are definitely more well known. a lot of people still don't know Bane, as opposed to a villain like the riddler.

pixiedivision wrote:
GothamGirl wrote:
SHUT UP DAMON...

Let's not be delusional here...
Nolan did a great thing re-inventing the franchise and bringing people back to Batman ie. myself. He's my fave director but LOTR and that franchise has a much larger fanbase. TDK of course was a stellar movie which deserved every accolade and buck it made but Ledgers death DID circulate more interest and was a part of the reason it was so successful. Without that
Not saying the movie wouldn't have been successful, but it wouldn't have been (money-wise) to the extent it was.
If anything it will be a very close match because tdkr has a very up a coming cast and if anne does get a lot of hype for her performance (tom hardy also) the months before then it could make as much money tdkr did. TDKR has the advantage of summer box office too.

TDKE will own the summer and Hobbit will have the wintry B.O. locked.

I agree about the hobbit fans being more vocal though, that book and those characters are definitely more well known. a lot of people still don't know Bane, as opposed to a villain like the riddler.
Last edited by thenextnolan on January 7th, 2012, 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

pixiedivision wrote:TDK of course was a stellar movie which deserved every accolade and buck it made but Ledgers death DID circulate more interest and was a part of the reason it was so successful. Without that
Didn't work so well for The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

solo2001 wrote:
pixiedivision wrote:TDK of course was a stellar movie which deserved every accolade and buck it made but Ledgers death DID circulate more interest and was a part of the reason it was so successful. Without that
Lol let's not pretend like Heath's death didn't play a factoring role here. Like c'mon.
+ Nobody knew what the fuck tiodp was

solo2001 wrote:
Let's not kid ourselves, the Ledger heat was on The Dark Knight for obvious reasons. The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus was more of an art house film that released nearly two years after Ledger's death, got only decent reviews, and at its widest was in just 607 theaters in the United States.

TDKR will gross more than The Hobbit.

I will put my life on it.