TDKR Celebrity/Industry Reactions & Buzz Discussion

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
He's right about superhero movies but wrong about Nolan's Batman movies

i personally believe a fellow artist should not comment in public on another artists work unless complementary. it spreads fear and negativity and sets a bad example to students. cronnenberg is a director, leave the criticism to to the critics. its like dissing your own team mate.

any way i disagree with his view on superheroes movies and nolan. i cant believe his snobbery, who is he to say whats art and whats not? according to him are comics not art now? pop music? the beatles? where does that attitude end?

ill let sir david have the final word.

All of the elements of filmmaking lead to one very simple result--to entertain people......"
David Lean

motorcycleboy83 wrote: All of the elements of filmmaking lead to one very simple result--to entertain people......"
David Lean
Nicely said.

Even if I didn't have a policy of disregarding critics' reviews once I've seen a movie and have my own opinion, the sheer wrong-headedness of Cronenberg's statement would have made me ignore it.

Basically, anyone who rags on comic books as being "adolescent" needs to be strapped to a chair and forced to read "Maus" and "Watchmen".

Comic books are, like film, an artistic medium. A medium through which many things can be done; both escapist and serious, absurd and philosophical.

In short, it doesn't matter what the medium is. What matters is the author's plan.

That guy lost any and all credibility when he cast Edward the vampire in his movie.

Jazzpha wrote:In short, it doesn't matter what the medium is. What matters is the author's plan.

hotsauce32 wrote:
Jazzpha wrote:In short, it doesn't matter what the medium is. What matters is the author's plan.
:lol:

I'll be here all week.

Jazzpha wrote:Even if I didn't have a policy of disregarding critics' reviews once I've seen a movie and have my own opinion, the sheer wrong-headedness of Cronenberg's statement would have made me ignore it.

Basically, anyone who rags on comic books as being "adolescent" needs to be strapped to a chair and forced to read "Maus" and "Watchmen".

Comic books are, like film, an artistic medium. A medium through which many things can be done; both escapist and serious, absurd and philosophical.

In short, it doesn't matter what the medium is. What matters is the author's plan.
No one cared who I was until I put on the credits.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender