TDKR Celebrity/Industry Reactions & Buzz Discussion

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
BLopez527 wrote:
JayCificity wrote:Not really a celebrity, this guy, but whatever. :lol: [x]

Is this guy for real that WB gave a Standing Ovation or is he lying?
He's not the one who said that it had received a standing ovation.

JayCificity wrote:
BLopez527 wrote:

Is this guy for real that WB gave a Standing Ovation or is he lying?
He's not the one who said that it had received a standing ovation.

I guess my question is how certain are we that WB executives indeed gave the first cut a standing ovation? Like wherever the rumor translated from are they legit?

BLopez527 wrote:
JayCificity wrote: He's not the one who said that it had received a standing ovation.

I guess my question is how certain are we that WB executives indeed gave the first cut a standing ovation? Like wherever the rumor translated from are they legit?
I can never be sure, I guess. But I posted the video to let you judge yourself. It says the guy who posted the tweet is a filmmaker. So, there's a fat-chance of this story to be legit.

JayCificity wrote:
BLopez527 wrote:

I can never be sure, I guess. But I posted the video to let you judge yourself. It says the guy who posted the tweet is a filmmaker. So, there's a fat-chance of this story to be legit.

k Great Thanks :-D Hey Also where is that video of JGL from thats in your avatar gif?

BLopez527 wrote:
JayCificity wrote: I can never be sure, I guess. But I posted the video to let you judge yourself. It says the guy who posted the tweet is a filmmaker. So, there's a fat-chance of this story to be legit.

k Great Thanks :-D Hey Also where is that video of JGL from thats in your avatar gif?
:thumbup:

nolannolanchrischris wrote:http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a ... movie.html

A bunch of people talking about which one of The Dark Knight Rises, Prometheus and The Avengers they would want to see in this video... including Neville Longbottom lmao
I don't think asking random C class unknown British celebs is a good way to gauge accurate buzz for a bunch of Hollywood movies. I think a more accurate way of going about this would be to ask American actors/actresses in Hollywood what they're most excited for; I think if they did that, hands down TDKR would come out as the most anticipated. I think British people in general are a bit out of the loop and not as jaded as Americans when it comes to Hollywood movies.

"I'm excited to see all of 'em!"

Really? Living in America, I'm so beat over the head with ad after ad, claiming a movie is "the best of the year !" and "#1 movie in America!" And after seeing all these movies you quickly realize that they're all crap and that very few have any real potential.

"Ridley Scott is a genius!"

Not really. His track record isn't that great and his recent films have been less than stellar.

"Joss Whedon is great!"

Yeah, but anyone who has seen the recent Avengers trailer will know that most of it looks almost identical to a Michael Bay movie. And boy have we had enough of those! Also, every single last Marvel movie of each character in Avengers has been less than impressive; Ironman 2 for example: a total letdown. Not to mention Captain America and Thor, which were NOT that great either. Putting all those characters in one movie is a recipe for disaster.

Really, the only movie that stands to be more than just another movie is The Dark Knight Rises. Not only is the movie written and directed and produced by one of the most talented filmmakers and artists in the world of filmmaking, it is his last. Everything offered up so far points to this movie being just a great damn film. Period. TDKR has topped every 'most anticipated' polls and has even won an award for being the most anticipated. Anybody with half a brain will tell you TDKR is the biggest film of this year.

If everyone with half a brain could say that, there would be no reason to market the film anymore. There would be no reason for this thread. The fact is... not everyone has the same taste as you. And not every person is going to share the views of a Nolan Fans forum member.

Reactions and buzz. That is all.

LemonBachan wrote:I think British people in general are a bit out of the loop and not as jaded as Americans when it comes to Hollywood movies.
Instantly become my most hated member.

thedisabledcubicle wrote:
LemonBachan wrote:I think British people in general are a bit out of the loop and not as jaded as Americans when it comes to Hollywood movies.
Instantly become my most hated member.
Same here.

apw
Typical peteaggasi. :roll:

I thought he was meant to be banned. :judge: