The Dark Knight Rises vs The Amazing Spiderman?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
pixiedivision wrote: I'm kinda of worried Spiderman might kind of steal TDKR's thunder
LOL! That really made my day! :lol: Thanks :)
TDKR will totally destroy Spiderman.. Nolans filmmaking is a whole other league than all these other superhero movies. And this is not coming from my Nolan-fan side, but it should be really clear to anyone that Nolan (and his team) is something special..

Jonas Agersø wrote:
pixiedivision wrote: I'm kinda of worried Spiderman might kind of steal TDKR's thunder
LOL! That really made my day! :lol: Thanks :)
TDKR will totally destroy Spiderman.. Nolans filmmaking is a whole other league than all these other superhero movies. And this is not coming from my Nolan-fan side, but it should be really clear to anyone that Nolan (and his team) is something special..
Yeah, but my dad thinks that Nolan's movies can get overrated. TDK and BB he said were good films, but he said Tim Burton's Batman was better than both. He said that Inception was great, but it's only because it's so "original." It's his opinion, but I'm afraid he thinks I'm crazy for being a Nolan fanatic.

Part of me wonders if his generation really do think that Nolan's team is something special... :problem:

I think we all agree that Nolan's pedigree as a film-maker, the cast and the conclusion of a trilogy will win this particular battle.

But to include an alternative view, I understand that those who don't like Nolan's Batman films (shock, I know, but there are a few) aren't into them because they find the attempt at realism still too silly and they get bored with all the 'epic' dialogue.
If these people are far more interested in watching big special effects, pretty colours, pretty girls and Michael Bay-type action, then yeah, they'll go to see Spiderman rather than TDKR.

And like I said before. If Spiderman goes for a lower parental rating, which I think it will, then it could also play a decisive factor in the battle. Kids might want to see Batman, but they might only be allowed to see Spiderman. I'm sure Marvel are aware that Batman is aimed at early 20s+ demographic and target the 12-18 year olds. Making it darker doesn't necessarily mean it'll be more violent or need a higher rating. It'll still be the cartoon-action we've seen throughout the franchise.

Emperor's New Clothes and all that.

Fran wrote:I have no interest in watching TAS since it will look like a video game.
Yeah, that was my first impression as well. I don't mind POV shots, the one in Children of Men is one of my favorite film sequences, but it looked cheap in the TAS trailer.

I think Andrew Garfield is not bulky enough for the role. They should have used Hardy :lol:

Mr. Caine wrote:
Fran wrote:I have no interest in watching TAS since it will look like a video game.

Spider Man reboot is actually...a Mirror's Edge film :lol:
I thought the same thing when I saw the trailer. :lol:

loop wrote:
Yeah, that was my first impression as well. I don't mind POV shots, the one in Children of Men is one of my favorite film sequences, but it looked cheap in the TAS trailer.
Who's to say that they will even be prominent in the film, let alone even exist in it?

Jeebus wrote:
loop wrote:
Who's to say that they will even be prominent in the film, let alone even exist in it?
I'd be fine with it being in, it'll look amazing at the IMAX.

solo2001 wrote:
Jeebus wrote: Who's to say that they will even be prominent in the film, let alone even exist in it?
I'd be fine with it being in, it'll look amazing at the IMAX.
as would Batman Arkham City or any other game in HD....... :lol:

Fran wrote:
solo2001 wrote: I'd be fine with it being in, it'll look amazing at the IMAX.
as would Batman Arkham City or any other game in HD....... :lol:
Yeah...