The Dark Knight Rises vs The Amazing Spiderman?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
How one can say that last shot looks like a video game after seeing it in HD is beyond me...

The Amazing Spider-Man will dominate it's opening weekend and will place second against TDKR after that... it's not going to beat TDKR's box office by any means, but I'm sure it'll make a decent amount of money.

These comparisons on this site however, are plain dumb. It's almost as if some of you are shitting on TASM because of TDKR... you're aware you're allowed to like both right?

Crazy Eight wrote:How one can say that last shot looks like a video game after seeing it in HD is beyond me...

The Amazing Spider-Man will dominate it's opening weekend and will place second against TDKR after that... it's not going to beat TDKR's box office by any means, but I'm sure it'll make a decent amount of money.

These comparisons on this site however, are plain dumb. It's almost as if some of you are shitting on TASM because of TDKR... you're aware you're allowed to like both right?
I like both.

Crazy Eight wrote:How one can say that last shot looks like a video game after seeing it in HD is beyond me...

I'm sorry, but the CGI just looks like a bad video game cut scene. It's awful.

Agreed. The POV in the Spiderman trailer looked very much like a computer game and wholly unrealistic. I think it was the way the arms and legs would just sort of float in and out.
It's an impossible effect to pull off to be honest. No-one sees in big flat rectangles like that, there's blurring of focus and a better sense of depth in a 3D environment.
Unless this film is in 3D then I really think the director should have thought better about using such a difficult and, like I said, practically impossible technique.

Crazy Eight wrote:...you're aware you're allowed to like both right?

The more appropriate thing to do would be to wait until seeing either of them before "liking" them. I'm not going to pre-determine that either of them are good or bad. Just waiting to see them and then I'll judge at that point.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:...you're aware you're allowed to like both right?

The more appropriate thing to do would be to wait until seeing either of them before "liking" them. I'm not going to pre-determine that either of them are good or bad. Just waiting to see them and then I'll judge at that point.
You're right about spiderman, however i'll pre determine that TDKR will be good.

solo2001 wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:

You're right about spiderman, however i'll pre determine that TDKR will be good.
WTF? :lol:

Batman will win hands down. I'm trying not to be biased about that, but it is the final chapter of the Nolan trilogy and I think that alone will draw the audience.

Speaking of that Spider Man trailer, did I really just see a first person camera view? :facepalm:

Of course Batman wins. I mean this franchise has so many fans (and not only comicbook-fans) after the two films before and the qualitiy is so high (story, cast, one of the best directors in the f***in universe, etc). The Amazing Spiderman first has to prove itself as a good reboot.
I will watch The Amazing Spiderman, yeah, but I'm not that full of expectations as I'm for TDKR. Also I don't like Garfield as Peter Parker. Maguire was a good cast, he was the nerd, the nice guy and the hero in one Person. But I will watch the reboot, cause I was a Fan of the old Trilogy.

Also I don't like Garfield as Peter Parker. Maguire was a good cast, he was the nerd, the nice guy and the hero in one Person.
Which is exactly why I didn't like him. Getting bit and turning into a super human didn't change his personality at all aside from making him more cocky. You can tell from the trailer that Garfield plays post-bit Peter in a much different way then pre-bit Peter, which something Toby failed to do...