The Dark Knight Rises vs The Amazing Spiderman?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I wonder what you guys think about the latest Spiderman movie being released only a week before the Dark Knight Rises?
I'm kinda of worried Spiderman might kind of steal TDKR's thunder if it actually turns out to be good lol.
I think it's a given that TDKR will win in the end because of the cast.
Sony is making a brave move to release it a week before The Dark Knight Rises imo.

:JGLface:

TDKR wins.
/thread

No worries, who would exchange the epicness of TDKR with a reboot version of Spiderman after only 5 years. And I think it's two weeks before TDKR.

It'd be interesting to see the impact they have on one anothers box office performances

It partly depends on the parental ratings too. If Marvel are smart they'll edit Spideman so that he's a step below TDKR, ensuring they get the younger audience that might not be allowed into TDKR.
Of course, TDKR will be more popular, but it would be truly stunning if this becomes a record-breaker too. Although, I doubt it. To be honest, if they want TDKR to better TDK I really think they need to get a bigger marketing campaign up already.

It's no coincidence that Spiderman and Avengers teasers are now coming out as well. The Avengers does look pretty decent in all honesty, I'll probably pay to see that too, but I'm definitely passing up on Spiderman. I'm afraid the way in which they ruined the franchise in Spiderman 3 has completely put me off.
I was apprehensive about X-Men: First Class for the same reasons. Wolverine was one of the worst films I've ever seen, so I wasn't bothered about XFC. But actually, it's pretty good.

Anyway, you're asking a Nolan forum which we think will be a bigger movie between Batman and Spiderman? LOL.
Last edited by thedisabledcubicle on July 21st, 2011, 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

nolanmania wrote:No worries, who would exchange the epicness of TDKR with a reboot version of Spiderman after only 5 years. And I think it's two weeks before TDKR.
I do think and hope that TDKR will wipe spideys ass but judging the from the trailer I think it looks better than people expect, it does look pretty good apart from the shitty fire-perso-narrative cgi effects lol. I think many are really dismissing the movie because it's coming out so soon only 5 years after the last movie. But I like Marc Webb as a director. Although I do think why they are going for a grittier spiderman is because they're partly trying to copy tdk. Which I don't think will entirely work.
I'm torn because I would like to see Spiderman succeed with the next movie, but really I want tdkr to succeed more haha.
JohnWayne wrote:It'd be interesting to see the impact they have on one anothers box office performances
I wonder if less people will see tdkr if Spiderman turns out to be a big big hit.
But srsly Batman has every major actor at the moment lol.
Last edited by theweatherman on July 21st, 2011, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post

To be honest, from the trailer, Spiderman still looks very bright and cartoony. Only the bridge scene seemed dark.

thedisabledcubicle wrote:It partly depends on the parental ratings too. If Marvel are smart they'll edit Spideman so that he's a step below TDKR, ensuring they get the younger audience that might not be allowed into TDKR.
Of course, TDKR will be more popular, but it would be truly stunning if this becomes a record-breaker too. Although, I doubt it. To be honest, if they want TDKR to better TDK I really think they need to get a bigger marketing campaign up already.

It's no coincidence that Spiderman and Avengers teasers are now coming out as well. The Avengers does look pretty decent in all honesty, I'll probably pay to see that too, but I'm definitely passing up on Spiderman. I'm afraid the way in which they ruined the franchise in Spiderman 3 has completely put me off.
I was apprehensive about X-Men: First Class for the same reasons. Wolverine was one of the worst films I've ever seen, so I wasn't bothered about XFC. But actually, it's pretty good.

Anyway, you're asking a Nolan forum which we think will be a bigger movie between Batman and Spiderman? LOL.
Well haha I'm not gonna ask on the spiderman forum, although I might test that out lol, see what they say....*eyeroll*
Thank god Avengers is coming out in May, it won't have to compete much with tdkr I don't think?
There is a large possibly that it may be another record breaker, they have a good chance considering their cast is filled with so many notable a-list actors and in general just huge household names. I think he was smart to cast Hathaway, although many think she's not quite right for the part she's still quite mainstream and overall a respected actress so there will be many who may just go and see it out of curiosity lol. 4 or them at least have won oscars and really the rest of them should have oscars by now already.

I really thought X-men would be horrible but then it turned out to be great so I see what you mean. Haven't seen Wolverine and I don't think I want to. It's annoying sometimes when they release so many prequels/sequels. It's confusing.

But in all seriousness I do think The Amazing Spiderman will turn out to be a decent film.

That month I'm gonna be all like... :batface:
thedisabledcubicle wrote:To be honest, from the trailer, Spiderman still looks very bright and cartoony. Only the bridge scene seemed dark.
It seemed darker in tone to me, I think the spidey outfit is very bright and cartoony though. Very amateurish and a real step down from the previous movies.Andrew Garfield is a great actor though.

Fuck I think I might have this world trip going on next year in the holiday break just right when tdkr comes out.
Last edited by theweatherman on July 21st, 2011, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post

I think for me spiderman has a completely different feel to batman from the ground up. The concept of a young guy being bitten by radioactive spiders, wearing a bright colorful suit, being the public hero and swinging around a constantly sunny new York is something that despite being in the same genre I feel is a whole other animal and something that doesn't appeal to me atall.

The original trilogy was good, people like spiderman, I'm yet to meet anyone who loves it like people seem to lovethe dark knight or batman begins and I think that says it all.
Spiderman will do well and make slot of money, people will day the film is good and it'll do well.

The difference lies in the fact that Batman will blow people's minds, it will be an epic, it will be something that I think will have the Avatar effect of people speaking about it all the time. From it's very beginnings as a franchise and for it's wider appeal I think that batman, and in particular the style that Nolan has adopted means spiderman won't scratch the surface.

Personally, I'd go out and see both. But of course, TDKR will be the winner