Do you think TDKR will be Nolan's best film?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

do you think TDKR will be Nolan's best film yet?

Yes
46%
No
45%
Inception is the best film of all time so obviously it can't be better than that
10%

Total votes: 83

Crazy Eight wrote:
To be honest his death also added another dimension to the intrigue of his performance- you can't deny that.
His death added a special value and sacredness to his performance, but it didn't make his performance any better then it is.
I wrote intrigue which doesn't define a better performance. So what I bolded in your quote is exactly what I meant

i mean Heath was better than Liam but Begins is still the better film...which proves that Tom doesnt have to be better...its all about the story..but i hope Tom atleast matches Heath if not exceeds

talli wrote:i mean Heath was better than Liam but Begins is still the better film...which proves that Tom doesnt have to be better...its all about the story..but i hope Tom atleast matches Heath if not exceeds
Nailed it!

talli wrote:i mean Heath was better than Liam but Begins is still the better film...which proves that Tom doesnt have to be better...its all about the story..but i hope Tom atleast matches Heath if not exceeds
buddy, that your opinion.

:clap:

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:
I don't think so.

For me to consider the film categorically better then TDK, it would have to top all of the major criteria, and acting is one huge part... which is going to be tough, if not impossible, to actually top. Heath set the bar fucking high.
Are you telling me if Tom is fucking great... but Heath is still better it can't top TDK? TDKR could be better in a bunch of other departments. Acting is a huge part and Tom will most likely kill it. TDKR could be better with ease without having a performance being as good as Heath.
I'm not saying that. If Tom's fucking great and on the same level as Heath then fantastic, fair game. But if he's not pushing that level then no, I don't see myself liking it as much as TDK.

And, let's be straight forward, TDK isn't going to be easy to beat on any level, much less acting. Nolan set the bar fucking high. It's possible he can top it but I'm not expecting it, because expecting that would be too much.
i mean Heath was better than Liam but Begins is still the better film...
Um, no. Stop phrasing it like it's a fact... I for one find TDK to be a far better film... which is another topic entirely.

Crazy Eight wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:They don't have to top Heath at all and the film can still be better.
I don't think so.

For me to consider the film categorically better then TDK, it would have to top all of the major criteria, and acting is one huge part... which is going to be tough, if not impossible, to actually top. Heath set the bar f***ing high.
A while ago I think I would have said the same thing but after going back to Batman Begins I still like Liam Neeson's performance even though I didn't find it on the same level as Heath.

I think some people are expecting too much from the acting in this film...as in somebody better win an oscar or bust. I'm sure the acting will be solid and as long as the film is very good I'll be fine (it doesn't have to be my favorite out of Nolan's Batman films for me to be pleased).

I like BB better then TDK too.

Given the caliber of the cast, their average performances is still better than the best of some of the actors today. That being said, I think everyone is going to bring their A game.

I think Hardy and Hathaway will blow everyone away with their performances.