Do you think TDKR will be Nolan's best film?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

do you think TDKR will be Nolan's best film yet?

Yes
46%
No
45%
Inception is the best film of all time so obviously it can't be better than that
10%

Total votes: 83

shadoW wrote:I think it'll be better than Memento, TDK or even Inception. I don't know why, but I think Nolan understands the gravity of this being his last Batman work and has a perfect cliffhanger from TDK to set up the story - Batman in exile.
People think the teaser trailer's
"THE EPIC CONCLUSION"
is cheesy, but imho, it's simply the truth. :modesty:
Yeah sometimes you just gotta call em like you see em....

But anyway right now Chris and the rest of his crew are right in the thick of the shoot. I doubt Nolan spent much time planning out the teaser. I don't think he came up with those tag lines.. so it doesn't worry me. After the thing is a wrap we will get a much better preview. The damn movie is still over a year away. It blows my mind we got any footage.

And the very brief footage we got was epic.
Bruce and Jim at what appears to be their most emotional moment and a quick shot of Batman and Bane throwing down
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:
shadoW wrote:I think it'll be better than Memento, TDK or even Inception. I don't know why, but I think Nolan understands the gravity of this being his last Batman work and has a perfect cliffhanger from TDK to set up the story - Batman in exile.
People think the teaser trailer's
"THE EPIC CONCLUSION"
is cheesy, but imho, it's simply the truth. :modesty:
Yeah sometimes you just gotta call em like you see em....

But anyway right now Chris and the rest of his crew are right in the thick of the shoot. I doubt Nolan spent much time planning out the teaser. I don't think he came up with those tag lines.. so it doesn't worry me. After the thing is a wrap we will get a much better preview. The damn movie is still over a year away. It blows my mind we got any footage.

And the very brief footage we got was epic.
Bruce and Jim at what appears to be their most emotional moment and a quick shot of Batman and Bane throwing down
I'm starting to think the teaser is becoming underrated on this site, instead of sweet explosions we got footage that meant something. I also don't get what the problem is with the old footage, other movies in different series have done it and it's not like Batman Begins or TDK were bad or anything.

As for the taglines I could see why people aren't a fan of them but I don't see how that makes the footage less cool.

Even though I voted Inception, it probably will be until he releases his Hughes masterpiece.

PowerDump wrote: I'm starting to think the teaser is becoming underrated on this site, instead of sweet explosions we got footage that meant something. I also don't get what the problem is with the old footage, other movies in different series have done it and it's not like Batman Begins or TDK were bad or anything.

As for the taglines I could see why people aren't a fan of them but I don't see how that makes the footage less cool.
I kind of agree, eventhough I think the old footage took some space from the new footage but I think they won't be in the full trailer (or at least only some pieces) so I'm ok with it.

But I agree with you that the new footage are awesome! I love them 8-)

I doubt a Batman movie even at its best could top Memento. But the guy has a specialty in surprising people with his tricks so it's hard to judge before seeing it.

mastervirgo wrote:I doubt a Batman movie even at its best could top Memento. But the guy has a specialty in surprising people with his tricks so it's hard to judge before seeing it.
+1

Batcat wrote:
PowerDump wrote: I'm starting to think the teaser is becoming underrated on this site, instead of sweet explosions we got footage that meant something. I also don't get what the problem is with the old footage, other movies in different series have done it and it's not like Batman Begins or TDK were bad or anything.

I kind of agree, eventhough I think the old footage took some space from the new footage but I think they won't be in the full trailer (or at least only some pieces) so I'm ok with it.

Personally, I think that if they hadn't used that old footage the trailer would simply have been shorter. :) Anyway, the few things they've shown us and the little info we've got about the themes of TDKR make me hope that this film will be the best one in Nolan's trilogy and a perfect conclusion to the story.

mastervirgo wrote:I doubt a Batman movie even at its best could top Memento. But the guy has a specialty in surprising people with his tricks so it's hard to judge before seeing it.
Beat me to it fella but I honestly can't see Nolan ever beating Memento, even though he has been quoted about what he thinks of his Mr.Hughes script as "It's the best thing I've written, that I'm most proud of".

I sooooo wanna see Mr.Hughes on the big screen, more than TDKR tbh :thumbup:

yes it will be

Batcat wrote:

Well it seems like some people were expecting a full blown trailer of new footage and it never was going to be that way. I gaurantee the next trailer won't have any old footage of the past two films. I don't get it, a lot of people said they would be happy if they got some footage with the teaser as there wasn't any with the teaser for TDK and when they do get footage they either aren't happy with it or think there should be more footage (and no I'm not talking about you Batcat).