Harley Quinn

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
If for some reason Harley Quinn were to be in the third Batman film (chances are she's not going to be), who do you think would be able to portray her?
My vote goes to Evan Rachel Wood.

akv1984 wrote:If for some reason Harley Quinn were to be in the third Batman film (chances are she's not going to be), who do you think would be able to portray her?
I seriously doubt Nolan would add any type of female antagonist. The closet he ever got to that was Natalie in Memento.

chee wrote:
akv1984 wrote:If for some reason Harley Quinn were to be in the third Batman film (chances are she's not going to be), who do you think would be able to portray her?
I seriously doubt Nolan would add any type of female antagonist. The closet he ever got to that was Natalie in Memento.
I doubt that too. I would love to see Nolan work with a stronger female character. The females in his films are too, how do I describe this, they're too quiet. They don't stand out like the male characters.

akv1984 wrote:
chee wrote:
I doubt that too. I would love to see Nolan work with a stronger female character. The females in his films are too, how do I describe this, they're too quiet. They don't stand out like the male characters.
Male directors tend to make films that are male driven. Same with women. I suppose its an unconscious gender thing.

It probably is, seeing as how throughout time, males always got meatier roles. And also with males, there are a lot of things a director can do with them that a director can't really do with a female.

akv1984 wrote:It probably is, seeing as how throughout time, males always got meatier roles. And also with males, there are a lot of things a director can do with them that a director can't really do with a female.
What do you mean? :|

There is a Batwoman you know. :x

:P

chee wrote:
akv1984 wrote:It probably is, seeing as how throughout time, males always got meatier roles. And also with males, there are a lot of things a director can do with them that a director can't really do with a female.

Yeah. There is Batwoman, but she's not the same as Batman. And if someone wants to create a female superhero, then create something totally new. Don't just apply aspects of the male one to the female one.

akv1984 wrote:
chee wrote:

Yeah. There is Batwoman, but she's not the same as Batman. And if someone wants to create a female superhero, then create something totally new. Don't just apply aspects of the male one to the female one.
Hahah, yea, I know what you mean. There aren't any really iconic women superheros that aren't based on their male counterparts.

Wonder Woman is the only one, I believe. Then we got Invisible Girl from Fantastic Four and a group of women from X-Men, but they aren't as iconic.

Wonder Woman is pretty much the only one that is iconic. The women from the X Men are pretty awesome as well, but I agree about them not being iconic. Such a shame too. I think that they're pretty cool.

I never really liked Invisible Girl. She's just too boring.

akv1984 wrote:Wonder Woman is pretty much the only one that is iconic. The women from the X Men are pretty awesome as well, but I agree about them not being iconic. Such a shame too. I think that they're pretty cool.

I never really liked Invisible Girl. She's just too boring.
My favorite X-Men girl is Kitty, I just like her power. 8-)