Casting News

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
True.
But if George is right and Modine is filming in lots of different locations, that's very interesting.

Is it unthinkable Tom Conti to be cast as Oswald Chesterfield?

Chesterfield would be just a short and point-nosed, but cultured and charismatic politician (just like Napoléon Bonaparte), that would rival Mayor Anthony Garcia for the coming elections (already mentioned in TDK). He'd possibly be Nixon's boss or ally. Behind the curtains he is dirty, and have control over the new mob system (that are being reformed, after the Joker ate its heads lately). He ignites the new public hate for Batman as his political campaign. No umbrella tricks, no birds as pets, no physical deformities. Just a really dirty politician, but gifted with a speech that can change people minds.

Would this ruin Nolan's universe?

aiolia wrote:Is it unthinkable Tom Conti to be cast as Oswald Chesterfield?

Chesterfield would be just a short and point-nosed, but cultured and charismatic politician (just like Napoléon Bonaparte), that would rival Mayor Anthony Garcia for the coming elections (already mentioned in TDK). He'd possibly be Nixon's boss or ally. Behind the curtains he is dirty, and have control over the new mob system (that are being reformed, after the Joker ate its heads lately). He ignites the new public hate for Batman as his political campaign. No umbrella tricks, no birds as pets, no physical deformities. Just a really dirty politician, but gifted with a speech that can change people minds.

Would this ruin Nolan's universe?

but nixon is already a crooked immoral politician....i think its complete unnecessary to have the penguin

Because this has to be the complete and definitive trilogy for the Dark Knight, right? An The Peguin seconds The Joker as the most iconic enemy of Batman.

Furthermore, I believe they are expecting this third film to be even better an more intense than the last, as impossible it sounds to be. Bane, Catwoman and Ras Al'Ghul, all togheter, don't even have a chance to supersede or equal Ledger's Joker.

I see each one of these films as a stage of a process to turn a simple normal world, in another, imaginative, where it lies Gotham City. That's the view that came in my mind when the Joker said: "Those mob fools want you gone so they can get back to the way things were. But I know the truth: there's no going back. You've changed things... forever."

Begins created a very solid world, and developed a very plausible Bruce Wayne. Dark Knight introduced the clown nemesis, proving Batman's psychotic enemis was possible in this story. I think Nolan prepared perfectly the ground for a little more audacity in Rises.

aiolia wrote:Because this has to be the complete and definitive trilogy for the Dark Knight, right? An The Peguin seconds The Joker as the most iconic enemy of Batman.
What about Catwoman?

aiolia wrote: Bane, Catwoman and Ras Al'Ghul, all togheter, don't even have a chance to supersede or equal Ledger's Joker.

in your opinion. many people think Bane and Cat Woman will be just as iconic

also, Begins was way more surreal and in the realm of fantasy than TDK.

For me, catwoman is the third. But that is subjective. The fact is that Joker, Catwoman and Penguin are strong characters in Batman's story, right? If the trilogy ends without one of them, it would still be incredibly three great films... but we would know there was something missing.

What I ask is: If it is possible to add the Penguin to this trilogy, why not to? Who would guess Two-faces was possible?

Nolan dismissed the Penguin a long time ago... he said he doesn't like the character...

ha the Penguin?

I like all the parallels between him and Bruce... but just no.

Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot is just too lame of a name to be used in a Nolan film.
Say Girl

aiolia wrote:For me, catwoman is the third. But that is subjective. The fact is that Joker, Catwoman and Penguin are strong characters in Batman's story, right? If the trilogy ends without one of them, it would still be incredibly three great films... but we would know there was something missing.

What I ask is: If it is possible to add the Penguin to this trilogy, why not to? Who would guess Two-faces was possible?
I've always considered Joker, Two-Face, and Catwoman the three big ones.