TDKR Teaser Trailer

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Jeebus wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:I have a boner.

But, I really f***ing wanted to hear Bane talk... and Gordan's speech in the hospital sounds like the one at the end of The Dark Knight in that it sounds like he's not talking to a character but the audience. Which I thought was fine since it was during the end with the epic music and images in the background... but in a regular conversation it's pretty cheesy. "This evil rises" is what put it over the top for me.

But I'm sure it'll turn out fine and like IWFNM's, I'll wait until seeing it in HD and hearing the audio better.
You see Bruce's hand in a suit on the bed, so yeah, Gordon is talking to him.
No shit... I never said that he isn't talking to a character, I said that it sounds like he isn't...

I spotted something strange.

At the end of TDK Gordon says that Batman is "A dark knight".
And now he says: "Batman has to come back."

Does that mean that the Dark Knight was Batman's "dark side"? And then Wayne's "What if he doesn't exist anymore" means that this "dark side" has swallowed the other side up and Wayne thinks he can't bring it back?

I like it. It gives TDKR a more personal, realistic feel as BB (which I prefer over TDK). :clap:

Last edited by Fran on July 13th, 2011, 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

talli wrote:i wish filmfanatic would tell us if Bane is being cgi'd in clever ways like the shot of him coming off the side of the screen

he looks way bigger than Tom really is
He is towering over Bale.

Flying Rodent wrote:Does that mean that the Dark Knight was Batman's "dark side"? And then Wayne's "What if he doesn't exist anymore" means that this "dark side" has swallowed the other side up and Wayne thinks he can't bring it back?
Not really. He called him that not as a title but as an appropriate name for the position he was in and what he has to be. Aside from that one scene Gordan refers to his as Batman for the entire series.

Hi everyone! I specifically registered since I could not resist the urge to comment on this teaser. I don't like it (and I'm heartbroken, 'cause Chris NEVER disappointed me, not even in teaser trailers...), but besides everyone's personal taste I would like to understand if anyone else shares my first impression: this does not look like a Nolan trailer. Cheesy title cards? Really? The dialogue, as well, is not even close to how sharp the Joker's description by Alfred was in TDK teaser. I really don't know what to think, I can't recognize Nolan's dry badass style. Am I the only one?

talli wrote:i wish filmfanatic would tell us if Bane is being cgi'd in clever ways like the shot of him coming off the side of the screen

I'm gonna say no he isn't cgi'd simply because I doubt they could get high quality cgi done this fast.

turs wrote:Hi everyone! I specifically registered since I could not resist the urge to comment on this teaser. I don't like it (and I'm heartbroken, 'cause Chris NEVER disappointed me, not even in teaser trailers...), but besides everyone's personal taste I would like to understand if anyone else shares my first impression: this does not look like a Nolan trailer. Cheesy title cards? Really? The dialogue, as well, is not even close to how sharp the Joker's description by Alfred was in TDK teaser. I really don't know what to think, I can't recognize Nolan's dry badass style. Am I the only one?
BAN HIM. :judge:

turs wrote:Hi everyone! I specifically registered since I could not resist the urge to comment on this teaser. I don't like it (and I'm heartbroken, 'cause Chris NEVER disappointed me, not even in teaser trailers...), but besides everyone's personal taste I would like to understand if anyone else shares my first impression: this does not look like a Nolan trailer. Cheesy title cards? Really? The dialogue, as well, is not even close to how sharp the Joker's description by Alfred was in TDK teaser. I really don't know what to think, I can't recognize Nolan's dry badass style. Am I the only one?
The studio has more of a say in the specific style of the trailer than Nolan by the way.

theweatherman wrote:

I'm gonna say no he isn't cgi'd simply because I doubt they could get high quality cgi done this fast.
This...

And, you know, maybe Chris had a friendly chat with Peter Jackson before they started filming.