TDKR Teaser Trailer

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
talli wrote:he may know his face, but it doesnt mean he knows his voice...i know what steve jobs looks like, but i couldnt tell you how he sounds ...and this is a very public figure who's always doing press, interviews, conferences, etc....Wayne doesnt speak for his company. He's merely a millionaire who plays the background. Gordon has no reason to know his voice.
If you lived in the same city as Steve Jobs, you'd probably know what he sounds like, especially if he was THE most famous person in your city and the local news would be talking about him almost every day. :P

Anita18 wrote:
talli wrote:he may know his face, but it doesnt mean he knows his voice...i know what steve jobs looks like, but i couldnt tell you how he sounds ...and this is a very public figure who's always doing press, interviews, conferences, etc....Wayne doesnt speak for his company. He's merely a millionaire who plays the background. Gordon has no reason to know his voice.
If you lived in the same city as Steve Jobs, you'd probably know what he sounds like, especially if he was THE most famous person in your city and the local news would be talking about him almost every day. :P
Steve Jobs is constantly on the internet announcing products or giving interviews, Bruce isn't.

Wouldn't you recognize Bruce Wayne's voice?

TalkOnCorners wrote:
Anita18 wrote: Some people can.
My friend who I know primarily as a writer could tell that Dent's suits in TDK were ridiculously cheap-looking. She wondered what Gotham was paying its DAs if Dent couldn't afford anything better. :lol: But yeah to me, suits are suits. I can't tell the difference, but I've got a good enough eye that if told what to look for, I'd do a pretty good job of it as well.

Being a writer means you have to be super-observant. Being a detective means the same thing. Of course, Gordon doesn't have his glasses on, which could make the whole point moot. I'm not sure if my friend could tell quality of suit if her vision was blurred. :P
The only thing I can tell with a suit if is if it looks good on the guy wearing it. :twisted:
Seeing as he's got Lindy Hemming, who does the costume design for Bond, there's two things to take into account:

1) They'll probably be expensive and tailored.
2) You can guarantee that Christian Bale and Joseph Gordon Levitt will be looking good in them :).

I haven't read the whole conversation but I agree with Talli there. I think Gordon wouldn't recognize Bruce's voice. It would seem familiar surely but I don't think he knows him enough to recognize his voice whenever he ears it...

like i said, Bruce is the main character in our story...in Gordon's he's an extra.

Batcat wrote:I haven't read the whole conversation but I agree with Talli there. I think Gordon wouldn't recognize Bruce's voice. It would seem familiar surely but I don't think he knows him enough to recognize his voice whenever he ears it...
I think there's a lot of arguing from facts not in evidence here - especially talli's telling us what Gordon is or is not thinking about.

Gordon knows very well who Bruce Wayne is - both from being involved with the case of his parents' murders, and from being a citizen of Gotham (plus the encounter near the end of TDK).

Gordon has heard Wayne's voice in person. We know Gordon is a good cop - and I don't think it's stretching that good cops are very good at retaining seemingly insignificant details.

I can buy Gordon not knowing Wayne's voice for certain (e.g., if he just heard him speaking with no visual cues, he very well likely would not be able to ID the speaker), but having heard him once in person, and likely on the news/on TV, Gordon would likely have a "that voice sure sounds familiar" if he heard it without seeing Bruce's face.

Note I'm not saying these things for certain are how it is, just trying to extrapolate likely conclusions from what we know from canon material in the Nolanverse.

Aranion wrote:
Gordon knows very well who Bruce Wayne is - both from being involved with the case of his parents' murders
:facepalm:

its a day at work for him. Does he remember that Bruce is the kid who had his parents killed? yes. But that event is not significant in his life. It's significant to the viewer, the audience, who are there to watch Bruce's story. Gordon's life doesn't revolve around Bruce.

have you ever picked up the phone and not known who it was... case closed

Bruce is disguising his voice in the teaser. He's whispering in a way not too different than when he encounters Gordon in Batman Begins, and Gordon didn't recognize him then. Listen to the way Bruce speaks in public. The voice he uses in the trailer would not be easily connected to that.
Anita18 wrote: If you lived in the same city as Steve Jobs, you'd probably know what he sounds like, especially if he was THE most famous person in your city and the local news would be talking about him almost every day. :P
If Steve Jobs called you on the phone and began whispering like that, there is no way you would be able to recognize his voice.