Official shooting schedule

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
The Dark Knight Rises goes into production in India on May 6, 2011. The shoot in India will be a short one with only Christian Bale filming scenes there at Mehrangarh Fort located in Jodhpur city in Rajasthan state. Shooting in Pittsburgh will take place for four to six weeks. The production will move to the United Kingdom before returning to the U.S. and shoot in New York. The majority of filming will then take place in Los Angeles, mainly in sound stages at the Warner Brothers studios in Burbank

Only 4-6 weeks in Pittsburgh. That means there won't be too many exterior shots of the "nice" part of Gotham. Also, looks like filmfanatic was playing us with the Josh Pence in India info.

Ra´s flashbacks doesn´t need to be in India.

Talli, why on earth does that mean there won't be too many exterior shots?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Talli, why on earth does that mean there won't be too many exterior shots?

-Vader

Because Pittsburgh is being used for that part of Gotham..and with only 4 to 6 weeks of shooting that will probably total up to 2 or 3 scenes

Forum Pro
Law
4-6 weeks is a little over a month, how do you figure only two scenes will be filmed in that time span?

Law_of_4 wrote:4-6 weeks is a little over a month, how do you figure only two scenes will be filmed in that time span?
I have no idea. I mean.. I really have absolutely no idea what would prevent Nolan going up in a helocopter at different times and film for an hour here or there (these types of shots can't take incredibly long once you know what you want in the frame) in between the actual shooting.

With all the IMAX photography, I'd be shocked if there weren't loads of exteriors used.

-Vader

great news lets get this show on the road :twothumbsup:
Why you lurking my page brah?