JGL on Conan tonight.

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
abcd786 wrote:The questions in each interview are pre-planned, so they know they can't bring up TDKR like that.

I'm glad Nolan has him in for another movie. He gave JGL the most memorable scene of Inception(except for the ending). Nolan obviously sees some depth in him that others are devoid at seeing. I prefer minimalist approach to art - less is more. He doesn't have to twitch his eyes, scratch his forehead and stare at the ground to prove he's thinking. Those mannerisms are unnecessary for most of the characters he's played - unless its Hesher which looks good.

lol but that scene had nothing to do with acting, it was all stunt. :facepalm:

"yes, JGL we all think you are an amazing actor....here's your role...you'll be doing cartwheels and flips"

your posts get sillier and sillier every time
[/quote]

Nothing silly about stating JGL had the most memorable scene in Inception(after the ending) stunt or not - which I didn't say was acting. Cillian Murphy(epiphany at the end), Marion Cotillard(throughout) were the top performances in Inception for me.

Jokes on you, whats stupid is your primitive attempts to find something silly in that post. That post isn't directed towards you so stop replying.

Btw as a grown man, stop using "silly" as a derogatory term. Elementary school was a while back.

Cillian Murphy's epiphany scene was brilliant. It was just an incredibly sincere moment. I bought his reaction completely. I liked JGL fine in his role, but he wasn't even close to being that good from a performance standpoint.

Rukia wrote:Cillian Murphy's epiphany scene was brilliant. It was just an incredibly sincere moment. I bought his reaction completely. I liked JGL fine in his role, but he wasn't even close to being that good from a performance standpoint.

yeah he was pretty bland...even Dileep Rao was better. Good thing he wasn't as atrocious as Ellen.

anyway. I'm definitely dancing like this at the club tonight

Rukia wrote:Cillian Murphy's epiphany scene was brilliant. It was just an incredibly sincere moment. I bought his reaction completely. I liked JGL fine in his role, but he wasn't even close to being that good from a performance standpoint.
he can't really go off script with his role can he?
truth be told: the audience were given very limited amount of background relevant to the characters..
and the only way we can judge a performance is by observing how the character genuinely reacted to complex relationships and circumstances..

either that or we have to have some insight into the mechanism via which these characters were conceived in Nolan's mind..
and i am pretty sure Nolan shared a decent amount of info with the actors that the audience has no idea about..

in my opinion Arthur's role was meant to be robotic.. a man with no imagination who demands specificity and proof..
and doesn't like taking risks with things he thinks he is not equipped to deal with.. also he is involved in very few complex relationships..
no need to confuse his role for bad acting

obviously Nolan thought JGL's performance was good.. why should we argue?

in my opinion Arthur's role was meant to be robotic.. a man with no imagination who demands specificity and proof..
+1

Viral114 wrote:
he can't really go off script with his role can he?
truth be told: the audience were given very limited amount of background relevant to the characters..
and the only way we can judge a performance is by observing how the character genuinely reacted to complex relationships and circumstances..

either that or we have to have some insight into the mechanism via which these characters were conceived in Nolan's mind..
and i am pretty sure Nolan shared a decent amount of info with the actors that the audience has no idea about..

and doesn't like taking risks with things he thinks he is not equipped to deal with.. also he is involved in very few complex relationships..
no need to confuse his role for bad acting

obviously Nolan thought JGL's performance was good.. why should we argue?

i just think the choices he made for that role were boring. IMO, there's no type of character that you can't make exciting choices for. If that's the character [stiff, precise, to the point], you can still play those traits in an interesting...i think he just tried to be smooth out of vanity and it didnt mix well with his other traits....he was afraid to make the character look bad, i think.

Viral114 wrote:in my opinion Arthur's role was meant to be robotic.. a man with no imagination who demands specificity and proof..
Sounds like chee. haha (yeah yeah.. I did it)

RIFA wrote:
Viral114 wrote:in my opinion Arthur's role was meant to be robotic.. a man with no imagination who demands specificity and proof..
Wut.

RIFA wrote:
But it's true, his character pretty much has one speed and it was intentional. He was a good at being a point man because he was all about facts.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

talli wrote:

yeah he was pretty bland...even Dileep Rao was better. Good thing he wasn't as atrocious as Ellen.

anyway. I'm definitely dancing like this at the club tonight
This gif is love. <3