Josh Pence joins The Dark Knight Rises

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
m4st4 wrote:
Each Batman film, Nolan's villians are represented in their true essence of who they are. Ras Al Ghul cannot be Ras Al Ghul without his immortality. If Nolan found a way to introduce a man in a costume Batsuit to fight crime realistic, he can do that with bringing back Ras.
But you didn't get it, no offense, Ra's talked about Bruce becoming 'immortal' in a sense that he turned himself into something more than just a man, an ideal... LEGEND. It's all in Batman Begins, that movie really is the key for me, much more than TDK.

Immortal but throwing Lazarus Pit? Common, this is not SF/drama/heist movie/thriller like Inception or period thriller/SF like Prestige, this is:

Superhero/drama/thriller/action spectacle
Ras in Batman Begins was talking about what Bruce could be. He also later asked Bruce is Ras al Ghul immortal, in which Bruce assumed otherwise by implying that he's nothing more than a con-artist. We were led to believe that Ras is merely a man, but there wasn't anything DEFINITIVE to dispute either which way.

Yes, this isn't Inception nor the The Prestige, but Batman is a bit load of science fiction, even in the previous two films that have things that pretty much do not exist for real, but are used with plausibility for the story. There's nothing wrong with Ras surviving and being "reborn". We do not SEE him die, for starters, and 2nd it wouldn't HAVE to be a LITERAL lazarus pit! It could be simply some type of potion or medicine or whutever that can rejuvenate him. I mean, the FEAR toxin in Batman Begins is based off a mere FLOWER.

We do not SEE him die, for starters, and 2nd it wouldn't HAVE to be a LITERAL lazarus pit!
We do not see Rachel die. Also, Liam Neeson is not going to be in this movie. Or, are you saying Josh Pence is like young Ra's reborn?

...NO.

Ugh, please, no resurrections.
Even if Ra's is immortal in the comics, IMO it would end up looking like a sort of cheap trick if he came back in TDKR. Nolan doesn't need to literally bring Ra's back to give closure to the story.

m4st4 wrote:
We do not SEE him die, for starters, and 2nd it wouldn't HAVE to be a LITERAL lazarus pit!
We do not see Rachel die. Also, Liam Neeson is not going to be in this movie. Or, are you saying Josh Pence is like young Ra's reborn?

...NO.
We do see Rachel die thats obvious.

I think it's quite obvious Ra's dies in "Begins". And from his expression, it looks like he even accepts his death with dignity.

We do see Rachel die thats obvious.
I know, Ra's' death is kinda obvious too...Even Dent's. But hey, every once in a while someone tries to pull Lazarus on them!

They're all DEAD. Move on.
[I think it's quite obvious Ra's dies in "Begins". And from his expression, it looks like he even accepts his death with dignity.
+1

Lynn wrote:I think it's quite obvious Ra's dies in "Begins". And from his expression, it looks like he even accepts his death with dignity.
So true indeed,you see ra's except it,but i think of it now we know Bane will be in the TDKR,he also looks like "Wait for the real danger that comes to gotham"

Hmmm, IMO he's not thinking about Bane (or anyone else, for that matter) at all. The beauty of that scene is that it's not your usual death scene where the villain keeps boasting until the very end, like, "I will be avenged, just you wait, you're all DOOMED, mwahahaha".
Ra's, who devoted his entire life to vengeance, in those final moments gives up revenge and simply accepts the fate he has brought upon himself.

Ra's, who devoted his entire life to vengeance, in those final moments gives up revenge and simply accepts the fate he has brought upon himself.
:thumbup:

Liam Neeson is such a perfect actor for that role! Loving him in BB.

m4st4 wrote:

...NO.
actually we DID see rachel get blown up at MID-SENTENCE. We did not see Ras dying. If they're staying true to the comic books, like they BEEN doing, it's very possible of a younger looking Ras al Ghul returning.