Josh Pence joins The Dark Knight Rises

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
TauHeel05 wrote:
Z. Cobb wrote:
Its probably going to be a loooooonnnnngggg film. :D :D
I hope it is. 3+ hours!
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
"When art imitates life"

Tapion wrote:Nolan has pretty much used flashbacks in most of his films and they all have worked perfectly so I don't know why people seem against the idea of flashbacks here.

In fact, I think flashbacks is the best technique to use in introducing Talia. The bigger concern is having Talia/League of Shadows to begin with.
There could be someone in Arkham Asylum who is connected to LOS (Scarecrow perhaps). Maybe this person tells Bane about LOS and the leader (Talia?) and how they can help him find/defeat Batman. But of course, the only way this can happen is if a prison break occurs. The catch, though, is if the prison break fails Bane takes the blame. Bane, being the tactician that he is, takes full control and promises the escape will be a success (but only he knows how it will truly unfold-think of Tim Robbins in Shawshank Redemption). Thus, the story unfolds, well not really since I'm not Nolan. But you know what I mean.
Last edited by Fran on April 8th, 2011, 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Z. Cobb wrote:
Inceptic wrote:Man, I hope they don't overload this movie with villains...
Its probably going to be a loooooonnnnngggg film. :D :D
Or it will feel longer than it is, like The Dark Knight.

TDK was edited seemlessly, if they can pull it off again, they can pack it with a lot more stuff.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Wally Pfister:
It’s a phenomenal script. He’s still in the process of cutting it back because it’s a very long script right now, but it’s really phenomenal. And he actually had me go back and wanted me to watch, in IMAX, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight again. When I watched those I had read the script for The Dark Knight Rises and was like, ‘dude, it is a perfect trilogy.’ I think that was his intent, to work off those two pictures — and they are very different pictures. And it’s funny, we all had different opinions about which picture we like better.
I thought I seen Nolan confirming this himself.
Last edited by Caekzor on April 8th, 2011, 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

What the hell is going on here? Josh Pence?????? Ras al Ghul????????? ?????????????? :shock:

Interesting news. I think it's safe to assume that this will tie in to either Talia or Bane. I would love it even more if Liam makes a guest appearance.

I'd like to believe this report... but it's from THR and not a reputable site that actually has sources printed on the page like Hero Complex or Deadline. Everything else has either been unconfirmed or a baseless rumor thus far.

After thinking about it. I get it. I honestly think I get it.

He wants to capture the grand epic-styled storytelling of Batman Begins with the scale of action and scope of The Dark Knight. This confirms it. Just think about it. This film's going to be all over the place.
:goNF:

For me, THR ranks up there with Deadline in terms of credibility.

I have to admit the picture up on Nolan Fans looks just like a younger Rhas Al Ghul
"When art imitates life"