Josh Pence joins The Dark Knight Rises

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Is it so hard to understand the concept of Nolan's Batman-movies? I can't believe it's the 18th or 19th page of the topic and some people still think that there's a chance of Ducard being resurrected, or I don't know. It was made clear in Batman Begins that he is NOT immortal, he only uses decoys to make everyone else think he's immortal. In the past centuries there were a lot of people up in those mountains who were Ra's Al Ghul. Probably many years ago there was the real and original Ra's who founded the League of Shadows, and it's today's league-members' legacy to save the original Ra's reputation of being immortal - by naming their leaders after Ra's, thus making the local people to believe Ra's is immortal. When Bruce finds this out on his birthday party, he tells Ra's (or Ducard, or whatever you want to call him) that he knows that he (Ra's) hasn't cheated death, he only uses "parlor tricks to conceal his true identity". After this comment, Ducard even nods with his head and he has no intention denying this; he only says that it's ironic that Bruce is the one who's accusing Ducard with dual identities.

That's my rendition of this story and I think this is quite self-explanatory. Or maybe I'm a fool and I'm failing to understand it, too :D What I wanted to say that... knowing Nolan's Batman-movies, and knowing Nolan's other movies, and knowing Nolan at all... it's out of the question that we will get an immortal Ra's al Ghul, or a Lazarus Pit or anything like that.

Yeah its unbelievable people really think ducard comes back to life :lol: that would be so fuckin stupid and cheesy as hell.

People getting mental in there heads here :D

But serious josh will play a young ra's they say in flashbacks.But maybe he will play ra's in the batman time to shock him again by saying "Hi i'm Ra's al Ghul" and Batman will be like holycrap :batface:

Maybe we will see a flashback where ducard tells Bane Bruce is Batman....

Bruce wasn't Batman when Ducard was young. Maybe he hadn't even been born yet. :D

Lynn wrote:
Bruce wasn't Batman when Ducard was young. Maybe he hadn't even been born yet. :D
I'm talking about th ducard time when he was older.BB

BatMotor wrote:But maybe he will play ra's in the batman time to shock him again by saying "Hi i'm Ra's al Ghul" and Batman will be like holycrap :batface:.
Now that would be something :D

BatMotor wrote:
Lynn wrote:
I'm talking about th ducard time when he was older.BB
Hmmm, honestly, I doubt we will see flashbacks with an older Ducard. They'd need Liam Neeson, and he has already said he won't be in the film.

BatMotor wrote:But maybe he will play ra's in the batman time to shock him again by saying "Hi i'm Ra's al Ghul" and Batman will be like holycrap
So you're saying Spence will be the new Ra's, who happens to look like the old (dead) one? I suppose it's possibe, but given Nolan's love of flashbacks and playing with time, I find it more likely that what we've heard is true: Spence will be portrating a younger Ra's/Ducard, long before he met Bruce Wayne (and hence no scenes with Bale).

Aranion wrote:
BatMotor wrote:But maybe he will play ra's in the batman time to shock him again by saying "Hi i'm Ra's al Ghul" and Batman will be like holycrap
So you're saying Spence will be the new Ra's, who happens to look like the old (dead) one? I suppose it's possibe, but given Nolan's love of flashbacks and playing with time, I find it more likely that what we've heard is true: Spence will be portrating a younger Ra's/Ducard, long before he met Bruce Wayne (and hence no scenes with Bale).
I want to see Ra's and Thomas Wayne together.He has attempted to destroy Gotham before, and I think that might be in the movie.And Wayne legacy is more than bricks and mortar. 8-)
gib sigs

I want to see what Ras once was. A good person, with good intentions, who was forced to take extreme measures.

Pratham wrote: I want to see Ra's and Thomas Wayne together.He has attempted to destroy Gotham before, and I think that might be in the movie.And Wayne legacy is more than bricks and mortar. 8-)
i like.. in my opinion that is the only way Nolan can bring it back..
making sharp contrast between
people who don't have faith in change or simply assume that an entire population has no conscience
and people who appreciate the diversity of the city and trust people to make the right choices given the right circumstance.. ( :batface: :oldmanface: )