Josh Pence joins The Dark Knight Rises

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Balefan wrote:
anonymity wrote:And it is possible that Marion is playing his wife and not Talia or another character all together honestly

Nolan wouldn´t give a role so small for an actress like Marion after months of negotiations...no way!
She will play a big part in the movie.
If she is not Talia,is the new Bruce´s girlfriend.
Since she has her baby in May, she might wanted a small role, so she does have to be away from her baby so long.

Nolan wouldn´t give a role so small for an actress like Marion after months of negotiations...no way!
She will play a big part in the movie.
If she is not Talia,is the new Bruce´s girlfriend.
An assumption based off of an assumption. :facepalm:

Well...I'm gonna use a little bit of common sense here

The reason why Marion hasn't been announced yet is because they don't wanna jump the gun. Pregnancy can have many different complications. I think they want to make sure nothing goes wrong (I don't even wanna type the possible things that can happen in labor to the baby and the mother). They will make the announcement as soon as they have confirmation that Marion and the baby are fine.

Its not negotiations that's holding them up

Wow, he is almost the spitting image of Neeson in that GIF.

I think Nolan has something pretty amazing waiting to be made. I mean, we have Kyle/Catwoman, Bane, Young Ras al Ghul (not 100% confirmed in my eyes) and probably the inclusion of TheLeague all together in the flashbacks. I foresee a possible Godfather II scenario with Ras echoing Bruce.

I don't still don't think that Marion is Talia (or that she is in at all), with her being pregnant and rumors to film after she has given birth, I don't think her part can be too big.

Knowing that there is the possibility of Ras being incorporated into the story (obviously flashbacks, you don't go from TDK to supernatural BS), this has me very excited to see what type of story this will be. I don't think it will be as meat and potatoes that some people on this forum seem to think. For instance, Why is young Ras Al Ghul relevant in Batmans story? (Maybe a run in with Thomas Wayne? He did say they tried to destroy Gotham with economics first). How will Bane be connected? How is Catwoman connected and still relevant to the story?

With a director like Sam Raimi I had doubts that he could handle a story of which had the scale and amount of characters as Spidey 3 (I as well as many others were right). I do think that Nolan is definitely up to the challenge of making a film that (seemingly) will have a larger scale then TDK. Nolan (With his Brother on some) has Written Memento, Batman Begins (Final Draft), The Dark Knight and Inception, I don't know if he adapted The Prestige or Insomnia. All have been either favorably reviewed or challenged to be in the same league as movies like "The Godfather" and "Blade Runner". Directors like Raimi did have stinkers before Spidey 3, Spielberg doesn't write the stories for all of his movies (though I do believe he changes dialogue during filming) which is why he inevitably had a few bad movies. Throughout the 11 years that Nolan has been a Hollywood Director he has maintained his style and influence on all of his movies. I think that this film is in good hands and that the only way it will dissapoint is if fans don't want what Nolan wants out of the film.

CAN'T WAIT FOR SOME MORE CONCRETE INFO ABOUT THE MOVIE THOUGH!!!! :twothumbsup: :clap: :o :D

steveportee wrote:
dafox wrote: Is that Josh Pence?
I believe that is Morgan Freeman
LOL.

If Marion is not Talia,she will play the new Bruce Wayne´s girlfriend.
Not Ras wife,not Sofia Falcone,not Sarah Essen,not Janice Porter...she won´t be any of them.
But IF Marion is Ras wife,then another actress will play Talia.
I highly doubt Talia is not in the film.
Ras flashbacks will serve to introduce her(and Bane)...no doubt in my mind.
dafox wrote:No It cant, its too soon after Rachel. Besides thats not like Bruce he is to devoted to morality. All of that playboy stuff is just foshow
:facepalm:

If Bruce can not have a new love interest because it´s too soon after Rachel,so neither Selina Kyle can be his love interest.

Why are most of you assuming it'll be a flashback? i guess some of you don't read the comics or watch the cartoon, but ras is IMMORTAL by use of the lazurus pit! it is just AS likely that he'll be "reborn".

Haven't that come to some of y'all's minds?

Why are most of you assuming it'll be a flashback? i guess some of you don't read the comics or watch the cartoon, but ras is IMMORTAL by use of the lazurus pit! it is just AS likely that he'll be "reborn".

Well, well, well...if it AIN'T someone from aicn :facepalm:

Lazarus pit=not for Nolan, capish?

Edit: Talia+Catwoman+Bane+everyone else is too much for me. Also, Marion is due next mooooonth! She is merely a flashback I believe, just like Mr. Pence is 'merely Ducard'. ;)

m4st4 wrote:

Well, well, well...if it AIN'T someone from aicn :facepalm:

Lazarus pit=not for Nolan, capish?

Edit: Talia+Catwoman+Bane+everyone else is too much for me. Also, Marion is due next mooooonth! She is merely a flashback I believe, just like Mr. Pence is 'merely Ducard'. ;)
You act as though you cannot see Nolan blending in something totally unrealistic into a film built on realism. As if you never seen The Prestige or Inception. #justsayin'

Each Batman film, Nolan's villians are represented in their true essence of who they are. Ras Al Ghul cannot be Ras Al Ghul without his immortality. If Nolan found a way to introduce a man in a costume Batsuit to fight crime realistic, he can do that with bringing back Ras.

Each Batman film, Nolan's villians are represented in their true essence of who they are. Ras Al Ghul cannot be Ras Al Ghul without his immortality. If Nolan found a way to introduce a man in a costume Batsuit to fight crime realistic, he can do that with bringing back Ras.
But you didn't get it, no offense, Ra's talked about Bruce becoming 'immortal' in a sense that he turned himself into something more than just a man, an ideal... LEGEND. It's all in Batman Begins, that movie really is the key for me, much more than TDK.

Immortal but throwing Lazarus Pit? Common, this is not SF/drama/heist movie/thriller like Inception or period thriller/SF like Prestige, this is:

Superhero/drama/thriller/action spectacle