“The story line is evolving beyond Gotham City."

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I think that's a huge clue as to how Bane, the league, and Cat Woman will come into play

talli wrote:I think that's a huge clue as to how Bane, the league, and Cat Woman will come into play
What's the source of the thread title quote?

Mucho gracias.

so does the Dark Knight leave Gotham for a while to let the bad publicity die down?

talli wrote:so does the Dark Knight leave Gotham for a while to let the bad publicity die down?
Bruce would need an alibi for that. being filthy rich is enough of an excuse imo but that wouldn't leave Alfred satisfied.

If they go with the "Bane breaking Batman's back" story line, then Bruce might have to go somewhere to rehabilitate. :think:

When I read the entire paragraph it is clear that he was referring to shots of Chicago not to them having the movie set in different locations around the world. Plus he is only the director of the Chicago film office he wouldn’t know where the film would be shooting outside of Chicago.
Filming “The Dark Knight Rises” here is “not looking likely,” Mr. Moskal (director of the Chicago Film Office) says. “The story line is evolving beyond Gotham City. But from Warner Bros.' perspective, and Chris Nolan himself told me, they were thrilled with how things went here in Chicago.”
But if that is true than it more than likely means that the movie will have less to do with the actual city of Gotham and have more of the movie be set in the surrounding areas like the Narrows and other indoor scenes and sets (Batcave, Wayne Manor, ect.).

Old city hall in Bucharest looks like it needs to be touched with some Wally equipment ;)

This is very interesting. I really do hope that only some of the story is set outside of Gotham, but I'd like Bruce to return to Gotham nearer the final act of the movie, and finishing what he has to do. Maybe some scenes could be set on Bane's origin in a separate country, maybe even linking it to the League Of Shadows (referring to Oldman's statement).