Will The Cheesy-Bad Supporting Roles Still Remain in TDKR?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Batman Begins and The Dark Knight had major end scenes in which minor roles played by minor supporting supporting actors were played with horrid cheesiness.

Batman Begins: The STATION WORKERS: "It's spiking! Right there!" "My god! It's gonna blow! If that train hits Wayne Tower, the mains to the city is gonna BLOW!"

The Dark Knight: FERRY PASSENGERS: "Those men had their chance. Why should my babies suffer?" "Sooo, gooo aheeaad! Dooo it!"

The acting from these actors threw the reality and grittiness of the whole out the window, rattling my mind for the remainder of the respective films. These roles and the actors in these roles reminded me of the deliberate cliched characters in a South Park episode. How could Nolan let this happen? I don't know. So, here's the question: Is this gonna happen in The Dark Knight Rises?

Inception is Nolan's best action movie to date. And if there's one thing I can take from it, it's that he's learning and improving. There wasn't one cheesy moment in Inception (some may argue me here, but I doubt it). Maybe we can bank on that improvement and hope there isn't any of that in TDKR. I would personally appreciate not having to cringe in between greatness. Let's hope nolan has learned.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sallygucha wrote:Batman Begins and The Dark Knight had major end scenes in which minor roles played by minor supporting supporting actors were played with horrid cheesiness.

Batman Begins: The STATION WORKERS: "It's spiking! Right there!" "My god! It's gonna blow! If that train hits Wayne Tower, the mains to the city is gonna BLOW!"

The Dark Knight: FERRY PASSENGERS: "Those men had their chance. Why should my babies suffer?" "Sooo, gooo aheeaad! Dooo it!"
Sooooo true.Cheesy as hell indeed.

I might be able to agree with you about Batman Begins some of the lines could have been written better, but I would put the blame on David S. Goyer. I think Nolan helped write or rewrote parts of the screenplay to include the themes he wanted and left the rest alone seeing as the plot came from Goyer. And you have to realize that this was more of a comic book movie, meaning that it was written in a simplistic manner so children could understand the situation.

As for The Dark Knight I think that is more of a personal opinion than anything else. When people are under pressure they tend to blurt out things and they don't feel the need to speak eloquently. And again Nolan had to try and keep things simple (PG-13) even though I think the movie has transcended the common comic book genre and was not PG-13 with the themes and messages being more directed at adults. We need a new rating system for movies like this.

And I know you are talking about how the actors delivered the lines not the lines themselves. I was trying to show in another topic and I won’t be as drawn out in explaining it this time, everyone is different and you don’t know what a specific person would say or how a specific person would react in those situations.

So if you’re going to be picky you might find acting/actors in the next movie that really bother you and it might not even come from the smaller roles.

Things are worse than ever! No more dead cops!

JUSTIN time wrote:I might be able to agree with you about Batman Begins some of the lines could have been written better, but I would put the blame on David S. Goyer. I think Nolan helped write or rewrote parts of the screenplay to include the themes he wanted and left the rest alone seeing as the plot came from Goyer. And you have to realize that this was more of a comic book movie, meaning that it was written in a simplistic manner so children could understand the situation.

As for The Dark Knight I think that is more of a personal opinion than anything else. When people are under pressure they tend to blurt out things and they don't feel the need to speak eloquently. And again Nolan had to try and keep things simple (PG-13) even though I think the movie has transcended the common comic book genre and was not PG-13 with the themes and messages being more directed at adults. We need a new rating system for movies like this.

And I know you are talking about how the actors delivered the lines not the lines themselves. I was trying to show in another topic and I won’t be as drawn out in explaining it this time, everyone is different and you don’t know what a specific person would say or how a specific person would react in those situations.

So if you’re going to be picky you might find acting/actors in the next movie that really bother you and it might not even come from the smaller roles.
Really? Is that as far as Nolan could have gone in depicting people in a life or death situation under a PG-13 rating? Watch War of the Worlds- not a good movie- but look at the scene where Tom Cruise is driving his kids through the mass of fleeing people- watch that scene and get back to me. that is how people act in a life or death situation. And that was PG-13.

JUSTIN time wrote:I might be able to agree with you about Batman Begins some of the lines could have been written better, but I would put the blame on David S. Goyer. I think Nolan helped write or rewrote parts of the screenplay to include the themes he wanted and left the rest alone seeing as the plot came from Goyer.
Goyer came up with the story and wrote the first draft. Nolan then wrote eight more drafts before shooting. These cheesy lines ALWAYS get blamed on Goyer but Nolan had plenty of opportunity to get rid of/revise them.

Also, they were just as bad in TDK, so I would expect to hear a couple more of these in TDKR.

Samuel R. Jankis wrote:Things are worse than ever! No more dead cops!
:facepalm: :judge:

Samuel R. Jankis wrote:Things are worse than ever! No more dead cops!
Cheesy..? Whats the problem with these line..??

:judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: