Cast & Crew News

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Wally Pfister:

"And he actually had me go back and wanted me to watch, in IMAX, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight again. When I watched those I had read the script for The Dark Knight Rises and was like, 'dude, it is a perfect trilogy.' I think that was his intent, to work of those two pictures — and they are very different pictures. And it's funny, we all had different opinions about which picture we like better."

Chris Nolan:

Once you see the film, You will understand why I cast them.

Michael Caine:

Caine confirms that they'll be shooting from May to November, and says that he'll be getting the script in January.

Gary Oldman (Collider):

For those hoping that The Dark Knight Rises will be as awesome as The Dark Knight, Oldman (who plays Commissioner Gordon) told me that he’s spoken to Nolan about the story and calls it “fantastic.” He then said, “You think you can’t top The Dark Knight and I think he may have.”

http://collider.com/gary-oldman-dark-kn ... spy/79234/

Good idea, even though will be hard when TDKR nears.

Who is Nolan's quote about? Tom and Anne? Where was it reported?

via EONLINE and BOF: http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

Gary Oldman: "I think it's a villain from one of the old, old, from way back from the old comics. It is a Batman villian...t's not going to be The Joker. If I told you who the villain was, they'd kill me!" I know the story...I just think it's going to be terrific."

..it's Bane :JGLface:

m4st4 wrote:via EONLINE and BOF: http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

Gary Oldman: "I think it's a villain from one of the old, old, from way back from the old comics. It is a Batman villian...t's not going to be The Joker. If I told you who the villain was, they'd kill me!" I know the story...I just think it's going to be terrific."

..it's Bane :JGLface:
So, is he describing Bane (which we already knew about) or a new villain not announced yet? I'm confused...

lol Gary is either unaware that Bane has been announced, or he is referring to Talia or somebody else :silent:

talli wrote:lol Gary is either unaware that Bane has been announced, or he is referring to Talia or somebody else :silent:
Or Hugo Strange? :think:

Don't think its possible to do Strange unless he's the main Villain, so that's not very likely.

talli wrote:Don't think its possible to do Strange unless he's the main Villain, so that's not very likely.
He might be, who knows? I can't see any other villain taking shape in this film, with Bane and Catwoman already (if Catwoman is a villain). Hugo Strange may just be a small part of the story, like a back story. We'll never know until release, I suppose...

Regardless of any fact, Gary Oldman is becoming my favorite news-leaker for this film. :thumbup: