Gary Oldman says THE DARK KNIGHT RISES story is Fantastic!

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Ofcourse he says its great,he sells the movie before its even made.

He's the man!

Oldman is great. That said, I'm really hoping for a story, mood and atmosphere that splits the difference between BB and TDK. I've watched both movies about six times all the way through and each viewing solidifies my strong preference towards BB as the more re-watchable and ultimately enjoyable film. TDK pushed boundaries in a technical sense and the villain is, of course, now and probably forever the gold standard, but there many things I did not like about it.

I could easily sit through BB in its entirety right now; not so much with TDK.

BatMotor wrote:Ofcourse he says its great,he sells the movie before its even made.
I never take anything an actor says at face value. Actors seem to have very little brain power and they always say the movie they're in is the best one. But what Wally Pfister has said does get me excited, because he is the one shooting the film, so if he's excited, I'm excited.

sallygucha wrote:
BatMotor wrote:Ofcourse he says its great,he sells the movie before its even made.
I never take anything an actor says at face value. Actors seem to have very little brain power and they always say the movie they're in is the best one. But what Wally Pfister has said does get me excited, because he is the one shooting the film, so if he's excited, I'm excited.
And... this is Chris Nolan. Do you all think he will let us down??? :D

sallygucha wrote:

what did Robin Williams say though?

hoppity-kick wrote:
sallygucha wrote:
Yeah, pretty much all we need to know is that Chris Nolan is making this. That's all the assurance we need. THE END. I don't need to hear from anybody actually.

hoppity-kick wrote:
sallygucha wrote:
Blind trust is not always good,be realistic.

[quote="BatMotor
Blind trust is not always good,be realistic.[/quote]

Precisely, right now I trust Nolan will make a great film to end the trilogy. But I also have the belief that Nolan could incorporate ideas into characters or the plot that I won't agree with.

There lies part of the reason of why I enjoy Nolan's films; they allow me glimpses into new ways of both thinking and ways of looking at things.

Nolan has never failed me so I will expect a great film with ease.