Can Bane really top the Joker ?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
To what extent do you guys think Hardy's Bane will be similar to Hardy's Bronson? I think his Bane will be quite a bit more level-headed, but I can't help but think the performances will be close enough to draw direct comparison. I've been assuming Bane will have an American accent, but I'm not entirely sure if that'll even be necessary with the whole League of Shadows thing.

There will probably be similarities with Bronson on the facial expressions when Bane is fighting and all the remarks he makes, him smiling like he's one upper cut away from killing you...but when he's calm, or having a dialogue I think he'll be pretty different from Bronson. Cause' Bronson was more quiet and shy...in a funny way.

Nolan plays it save with choosing Hardy for Bane let's be honest about that,Nolan knows 100% sure Tom can play this type of fighter
good and thats why he choose Hardy to do it.

I think Bane will be very different from Bronson. Bronson had a really slow molding quality to him. He took his time in the space around him. In a lot of the movie he simply stands in a pose, staring.

Also I don't think Bane is a psychotic character like Bronson. Don't think he will be having insane bursts of rage.

I think he will be A LOT like Bruce Wayne, with a little b it of an edge to him. A bit more on the rebellious side if you will.

I think people are mistaken in thinking Hardy was a safe choice and Nolan chose him because of Bronson. People will be very surprised when they see the character be completely different.
Last edited by mchekhov on March 9th, 2011, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

talli wrote:I think Bane will be very different from Bronson. Bronson had a really slow molding quality to him. He took his time in the space around him. In a lot of the movie he simply stands in a pose, staring.

Also I don't think Bane is a psychotic character like Bronson. Don't think he will be having insane bursts of rage.

I think he will be A LOT like Bruce Wayne, with a little b it of an edge to him. A bit more on the rebellious side if you will.
Can I just ask, and I hope I don't seem think here but... why are you comparing the characters Bane and Bronson? Yes, they are played both by Tom Hardy, but what does Bronson's real life mental state have to do with a comic book character?

Mason01 wrote:
talli wrote:I think Bane will be very different from Bronson. Bronson had a really slow molding quality to him. He took his time in the space around him. In a lot of the movie he simply stands in a pose, staring.

Can I just ask, and I hope I don't seem think here but... why are you comparing the characters Bane and Bronson? Yes, they are played both by Tom Hardy, but what does Bronson's real life mental state have to do with a comic book character?
Read the thread. I was answering a question.

talli wrote:
Mason01 wrote:
Read the thread. I was answering a question.
I missed a few posts, I get you now. :D

in the words of charlie sheen:"Heath´s performance Was PURE GOLD", but i think that Tom will give a great performance as well

MW715 wrote:
MaJESSticChick wrote: Indeed. She could shock everyone and do a total 180 :shock: , go from :angel: to :twisted: !
I love the relevance of these smilies! :D :D
Couldn't resist. :D I just love the smilies.

I think people are mistaken in thinking Hardy was a safe choice and Nolan chose him because of Bronson. People will be very surprised when they see the character be completely different.

I guess I never really considered Bane in that way, but that would be very fascinating.