Can Bane really top the Joker ?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
The Joker was so captivating not because of how he was written but because of the physical characteristics Heath gave him
Please of course Heath was amazing but he was written damn well.

allstarr55js wrote:
The Joker was so captivating not because of how he was written but because of the physical characteristics Heath gave him
What makes Heath's performance great is the walking, the voice, the facial mannerism. All which were not in the script. He's a fairly standard character on the page. The makeup was also extraordinary.

What makes Heath's performance great is the walking, the voice, the facial mannerism. All which were not in the script. He's a fairly standard character on the page. The makeup was also extraordinary.
Yes.... but it was still a well written character with great dialogue scenes.

RomanM wrote:
allstarr55js wrote:

yeah the character as it appears in the film, wasnt really in the script....his dialogue certainly makes him sound like a serious threat, but I'd say 90% of what that character was Heath's creation

The Joker was extremely intelligent, but almost 100% of the performance is credited to Heath. Without Heath, the joker wouldn't have been so captivating. Hardy will have to immerse himself into the world of Bane in order to produce results like the Joker.

It all comes down to the actor's performance! Nolan will delivery on the story, he always does. It will be up to the performances of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, Tom Hardy as Bane, and JGL and Cotlliard respectively. They need to deliver, which Im sure they will.

U guys aint getting it. He doesnt have to top the Joker.

I dunno. The Joker in and of his self will be tough to top, Ledger's performance.. even tougher. But if anyone can do it, it's Hardy. So I dunno.

He shouldn't aim to top the joker. I doubt anyone ever will. He needs to reinvent Bane from Batman and Robin. Make him unique. The Joker is so eccentric and that makes him the most versatile character in the Batman Universe. It would be unfair to compare Hardys performance to Ledgers.

Heath's Joker is bloody brilliant. Can Tom's Bane top him? Sure, but its gonna be hard as hell.

1). The Joker is an Iconic character.
• His battles with the bat are all iconic battles (even if he picks his nose the whole issue).
• When he appears in a comic book, it sells out. He is used to push titles, his appearance alone moves units.
• In bat movies, he brings in the crowds. People recognize the character, and enjoy the showdown. It’s a big part of why Batman 1989 and DK were so successful.
• Their showdowns are as American as apple pie, the Super-Bowl, and the World Series.
• It’s always an event when bats battles the clown; regardless of the incarnation.

2). Bane is weak character (I know he has followers but so does Crazy Quilt) .
• He is barely known outside the comic book community; and really known for one event in the 90’s used to increase sells of comics; the same was done with Superman (see: Doomsday).
• Even if an actor can make Bane the coolest baddest badass villain in cinema, most people won’t care. Most non-comic fans are going to be like, “Bane who?”
• They don’t care when he appears in comics, it’s why he has been relegated to a mercenary group (see: secret six) in the comics, and a common thug (see: No Man’s Land).

In short, Hardy might top Heath, but the real question is: “will people care?”

I don’t think moviegoers will. They’ll invest as much as they did with Ra’s al Ghul another universally obscure bat villain; who is arguable the biggest threat in Bat’s rogue gallery, but people just don’t care about that character.

In DKR, the casual moviegoer and comic aficionado is going to go check out Catwoman. If there is an actor, in this case actress, that people are going to be watching for its Anne Hathaway not Hardy.