Can Bane really top the Joker ?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
LexLuthor wrote:In DKR, the casual moviegoer and comic aficionado is going to go check out Catwoman. If there is an actor, in this case actress, that people are going to be watching its Anne Hathaway not Hardy.

I can't imagine why they'd be watching Anne Hathaway more.

I mean, Tom Hardy is obviously more popular with the fans.

Especially with comic book nerds, they will definitely pay more to Tom Hardy as Bane.

Why in the world would they watch Anne Hathaway as Catwoman? Pft.

i think people will care if Hardy turns in an incredible performance...people will go to see the movie for Cat woman...but will come out saying "wow....who was Bane, who was that actor playing him?"

As a member of the male species I'm obviously interested in Catwoman, the look, the personality, the babe, the femme fatale. Also as a dude, I want to see a rad 15 minute fist fight/martial arts match roof top to roof top hand to hand scene in the end when Batman finally beats Bane or whatever. Nolan's past two films and this one as well have had great writing and intelligence put into the script, but I think we deserve an old 80's testosterone boxing match. The action scene of all action scenes since Batman afterall is action. Batman's on the ground for 5 seconds...gets up, gives Bane a kidney shot, Bane stumbles...punches Batman in the face, Batman punches him back in face...they take it to the streets...people crowd around, news vans everywhere, people leave their homes from all across town to watch...it's all on TV. They move from block to block. Batman wins...but he's tired as hell, the crowd lifts him up like the hero he is. :D

The Joker is Batman's ultimate opponent, his nemesis, his exact opposite. The Joker was meant to be in the sequel to TDK as I specifically remember interviews prior to the films release with Nolan and co discussing it. Since, I've been completley unable to locate them, probably because of his death. Of this I swear, I know many other people remember them also.

Bane may be intellectually and physically superior to The Joker, but The Joker is undefeatable (this is definitely not a word, and if it is, that's not how you spell it :lol: ) , that's the point. You can't stop him. He's just.. chaos. He understand Batman's psyche and exploited it better than any other opponent likely can. In this context, it's impossible to top this character.

That said, I don't think TDKR will try to top The Joker. I do, however, believe Bane, and the story itself will be stronger and fiercer than TDK's, and that is what will raise the stakes to what they need to be.

Lastly, The Joker is probably 70% Heath, 20% writing, 10% makeup/costume. Chris gave Heath almost total creative control of the role, and Heath just... there's a reason nobody was uncomfortable watching him on screen despite his death. We weren't watch Heath perform, we were watching -THE- Joker.

I dunno why everyone is saying Hardy can top Heath's mind-blowing performance, I certainly haven't seen him in anything that's even approaching that caliber of acting, but I do know I hope you guys are right, I just don't see how you all could be.

The story is what will make TDKR a better film, not the villain. I have a feeling TDKR' will deliver the most unconventional story yet. That's what will deliver.

-Vader

Depends on what take Hardy has on the character

Nolan gave great dialogue that stayed true to the Joker but it was Heath who took it to the next level and made it his own. Lucky for Tom the only incarnation of Bane he has to really compete with is the BTAS and the Batman and Robin debacle (lol)

If this question was asked back in 2008 after The Dark Knight came out I would have scoffed but after seeing Bronson and seeing the dedication, the fear, and most importantly seeing Hardy become Charles Bronson gives me all the confidence that we might be seeing something truly special.

As for Hathaway I think I agree with the fellow posters of :goNF: when I say In Nolan we Trust :twothumbsup:

I can't imagine why they'd be watching Anne Hathaway more.

I mean, Tom Hardy is obviously more popular with the fans.

Especially with comic book nerds, they will definitely pay more to Tom Hardy as Bane.

Why in the world would they watch Anne Hathaway as Catwoman? Pft.
:lol: :clap:

I don't think Bane needs to top the Joker. I don't think TDKR needs to top TDK. I think this movie will fail if Nolan and the rest of his team are fixated on making a better film. They should concentrate on making a good picture. The rest will take care of itself. 8-)

Rukia wrote:I don't think Bane needs to top the Joker. I don't think TDKR needs to top TDK. I think this movie will fail if Nolan and the rest of his team are fixated on making a better film. They should concentrate on making a good picture. The rest will take care of itself. 8-)
I think it does. And I think Nolan and his team are looking for ways to do that. Why make a film of such grand scale if you're just going to be complacent? The distinction, though, is that TDKR needs to be better, not bigger.

Yep...not bigger as in doing the same shit better...but coming up with it's own thing and having that turn out to be better.

Just like how it is with the majority opinion of TDK to BBegins...both are different, but TDK is overall better.

Vader182 wrote:
I dunno why everyone is saying Hardy can top Heath's mind-blowing performance, I certainly haven't seen him in anything that's even approaching that caliber of acting,

-Vader
are you kidding?? what are your standards for acting?? the only character i have seen Hardy play is Eames from Inception, and i was completely sold by that performance..
i trust Nolan's judgment when it comes to casting btw.. :goNF: and i am pretty sure every director (including Nolan) understands that a good script needs a good and competent cast + crew.. otherwise the depth of the script wouldn't be
manifest on screen..