Can Bane really top the Joker ?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
:think: The Joker wasn't much of a physical threat to Batman even though he got the better of him in the final battle between the two but his whole challenge to Batman was tempting him to kill him and he was astonishingly intelligent. Whereas supposedly Bane is too a genius and is literally the biggest physical threat to Batman. My question to you fellow Nolan fans is how is Bane going to match or if we're lucky top the legendary Joker?

and hopefully Bane wont be wearing :batface: HOCKEY PANTS!!!
"When art imitates life"

In Nolan We Trust.

In Nolan We Trust.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I do not know if Bane can top The Joker but I think Tom can top Heath.

No because The Joker is the best villain in Batman's rogue gallery and arguably the best in all of comics.

RomanM wrote:No because The Joker is the best villain in Batman's rogue gallery and arguably the best in all of comics.
I do not even think it is an argument that he is the best in all of comics.

dafox wrote::think: The Joker wasn't much of a physical threat to Batman even though he got the better of him in the final battle between the two but his whole challenge to Batman was tempting him to kill him and he was astonishingly intelligent. Whereas supposedly Bane is too a genius and is literally the biggest physical threat to Batman. My question to you fellow Nolan fans is how is Bane going to match or if we're lucky top the legendary Joker?

and hopefully Bane wont be wearing :batface: HOCKEY PANTS!!!

its hockey pads

and it will all depend on Tom Hardy's performance

The Joker was so captivating not because of how he was written but because of the physical characteristics Heath gave him

He doesn't have to.

For what the Joker was ...no. but that's why he has to be different and amazing in his own way that will make it impossible for the Joker to be him. And one of the things he has going for him is that he's a real physical threat to Batman. He could be smarter than him, most likely bigger than him, better fighter than him, have more followers and more influence. But the thing Batman has over him is his humanity and his true sense of justice and his WILL to protect Gotham. Where Bruce is strong, Bane may be weak...like pride for an example. Bruce knows he isn't God...but Bane may think he's God.

Bane is a physical leviathon and incredibly intelligent on the side; the potential is there for him to top Joker, however, I don't see it happening. What made Joker work was that he was ingenius, manipulative, and all around unpredictable. Adding all of this together made him genuinly terrifying. Joker topped every other portrayal of any other villain in every other superhero film in history. That's tough to beat.

I think what it really comes down to is: Can Hardy top Ledger's performance? All in all I just think Joker was too well done for that to happen.