Poll: Batman's back breaking in TDKR

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Do you think Batman's back will be broken? What's your opinion of that happening?

Poll ended at June 25th, 2012, 3:16 am

I think Nolan will break his back...but I'm hoping otherwise :cry:
2%
I don't think Nolan will go that far...but I'd support it if he did
34%
Nolan will break his back...and I fully support that decison
7%
I don't think Nolan will break his back...I wouldn't want to break it either
37%
I don't know...but I hope he does it
7%
I don't know...but I hope he doesn't
12%

Total votes: 41

I'm 100% positive that when I see the movie I will be satisfied with the ideas and events that appear on screen, regardless of whether I thought they were stupid or not beforehand.....

NOLAN YES, ME YES :twothumbsup:

I say I doubt that will happen, and i'd fully support it NOT happening. I think it would be kind of stupid if that happened because that would be it, whats he gonna do paralyzed? Now severely beaten i'll take, but not a broken back.

Yeah severely beaten sounds way more plausible. That'll probably happen. Maybe until that happens in the movie Batman and Catwoman are on each other's bad sides (not knowing each other's identities) then when Batman is left in an alley severely beaten by Bane (not dead out of Bane's mercy) Catwoman then sees him, waits awhile then finally makes the decision to save him and gets him out of there.

SantomTheWhite wrote:Yeah severely beaten sounds way more plausible. That'll probably happen. Maybe until that happens in the movie Batman and Catwoman are on each other's bad sides (not knowing each other's identities) then when Batman is left in an alley severely beaten by Bane (not dead out of Bane's mercy) Catwoman then sees him, waits awhile then finally makes the decision to save him and gets him out of there.
Sounds like a good idea, if done right. But I dunno, maybe its just the shriveled romantic in me that's liking this. :lol:

chee wrote:
SantomTheWhite wrote:Yeah severely beaten sounds way more plausible. That'll probably happen. Maybe until that happens in the movie Batman and Catwoman are on each other's bad sides (not knowing each other's identities) then when Batman is left in an alley severely beaten by Bane (not dead out of Bane's mercy) Catwoman then sees him, waits awhile then finally makes the decision to save him and gets him out of there.
Sounds like a good idea, if done right. But I dunno, maybe its just the shriveled romantic in me that's liking this. :lol:
You're not alone. :twothumbsup:

I agree with the "being beaten severely" idea, as well as Catwoman's intervention.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I voted for this option

I don't think Nolan will break his back...I wouldn't want to break it either

I don’t think his back will be broken; it just doesn’t fit with my view of the world that Nolan has created. Right now I see these movies, as realistic crime dramas with slight exaggerations from the cartoons I used to watch. And a man with a spinal injury would not be able to protect Gotham for the rest of his life.

But I will support Nolan’s decision no matter what he chooses. After this movie Nolan’s take on Batman (Trilogy) will be complete. And then and only then can I judge if Batman/Bruce breaking his back (Dying, walking away from Batman, etc) is the necessary ending. For now I believe Batman should live on.

When it comes down to it the most important part for me to see in the next movie is the choices Bruce will have to make in order to protect the city and the people in it. The Dark Knight showed me what type of person we should aspire to be and how far we should be willing to go to protect our homes, countries, and the people in them.

NOLAN YES, ME YES :twothumbsup:
It's like scientology, only it's for free! :goNF:

chee wrote:
No, I agree with this too! I love it! But then I'm a romantic too :lol: (not too much though, as long as it doesn't become cheesy and boring I'm ok with it 8-) )

Maybe he will have saved her life sometime before and she could say something like "No need to thank me, we're even now!"

I think Catwoman would be the kind trying to hide her feelings for Batman even in this situation, and so would Batman probably.

I agree with all of those who hope that Batman won't end up paralysed! :)

Batcat wrote:Maybe he will have saved her life sometime before and she could say something like "No need to thank me, we're even now!"
Nah, more like: he's unconscious and she takes off his mask. FOOK YEAH.

chee wrote:
Batcat wrote:Maybe he will have saved her life sometime before and she could say something like "No need to thank me, we're even now!"
Nah, more like: he's unconscious and she takes off his mask. FOOK YEAH.
Yeah, it could work as well, but she could say it anyway for herself.

Either way, if it happened I'm sure Nolan would make it great! :goNF: