Poll: Batman's back breaking in TDKR

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Do you think Batman's back will be broken? What's your opinion of that happening?

Poll ended at June 25th, 2012, 3:16 am

I think Nolan will break his back...but I'm hoping otherwise :cry:
2%
I don't think Nolan will go that far...but I'd support it if he did
34%
Nolan will break his back...and I fully support that decison
7%
I don't think Nolan will break his back...I wouldn't want to break it either
37%
I don't know...but I hope he does it
7%
I don't know...but I hope he doesn't
12%

Total votes: 41

Well, it's Batman's fault you know. He could have called for some...backup.

Anyway, it was one of the most intense moments in the film. Hardy and Bale nailed it.

Well it technically wasn't broken so much as dislocated, but that's mostly because then the movie would take the course of several years instead of months.

natalie wrote:
oracle86 wrote:Hell yeah! I had chills while watching that scene. Just shows how powerful Bane is that he can lift Batman so effortlessly.

I still remember my reaction when I watched it the first time - I wanted it to happen because it is such an incredible moment in the comics, but at the same time, I was so afraid for Bruce. I was like "Fuck yeah!" and "OMG No No No" at the same time. :lol:
This
People cheers on Bane in my showing :( (morbid :lol: )
This was my reaction too! I was glad Bruce had only a vertebra broken and that it did not touch the spine :lol:

Batcat wrote:
natalie wrote:
This
People cheers on Bane in my showing :( (morbid :lol: )
This was my reaction too! I was glad Bruce had only a vertebra broken and that it did not touch the spine :lol:
Isn't a vertebrae part of the spine?

Sarei88 wrote:Initially, when Bane was announced as the villain in this film, immediately I thought about Bane breaking Batman's back. That's pretty much what he's known and famous for in the comic book world; the man that broke the bat. Before the film's release, I really didn't think that it would happen. I just believed that Batman would get hurt...a lot. While watching that intense scene and seeing Bane punching him in the cowl like that, I believed anything would happen. The second I saw Bane lift Batman over his head, all that ran through my mind was, "oh my goodness, he's gonna do it." He did.

That entire fight between them shocked me because I literally didn't expect Nolan to go that far, but he did. It worked effectively. I think that's the most intense scene out the entire trilogy. I literally didn't fear for Batman until that moment. Nolan, Bale, Hardy and crew did a great job. Definitely one of the most memorable scenes out the trilogy.
I totally agree with this. I am not familiar with the comics at all so I knew nothing about Bane breaking Batman's back in the source material; hence, that scene totally shocked me the first time I saw it. The second time I watched the movie, I had to cover my eyes right before it happened. :( I really liked how Nolan has reinforced throughout the entire trilogy just how human Batman is, and he does it again in a brutal and intense way with this scene. The entire fight scene is probably the best fight scene in the entire trilogy - the lack of music and the intense focus on two characters, plus the way in which it ended, add up to pure perfection.

tripwires wrote:
Sarei88 wrote:Initially, when Bane was announced as the villain in this film, immediately I thought about Bane breaking Batman's back. That's pretty much what he's known and famous for in the comic book world; the man that broke the bat. Before the film's release, I really didn't think that it would happen. I just believed that Batman would get hurt...a lot. While watching that intense scene and seeing Bane punching him in the cowl like that, I believed anything would happen. The second I saw Bane lift Batman over his head, all that ran through my mind was, "oh my goodness, he's gonna do it." He did.

That entire fight between them shocked me because I literally didn't expect Nolan to go that far, but he did. It worked effectively. I think that's the most intense scene out the entire trilogy. I literally didn't fear for Batman until that moment. Nolan, Bale, Hardy and crew did a great job. Definitely one of the most memorable scenes out the trilogy.
I totally agree with this. I am not familiar with the comics at all so I knew nothing about Bane breaking Batman's back in the source material; hence, that scene totally shocked me the first time I saw it. The second time I watched the movie, I had to cover my eyes right before it happened. :( I really liked how Nolan has reinforced throughout the entire trilogy just how human Batman is, and he does it again in a brutal and intense way with this scene. The entire fight scene is probably the best fight scene in the entire trilogy - the lack of music and the intense focus on two characters, plus the way in which it ended, add up to pure perfection.
definitely.

hotsauce32 wrote:
Batcat wrote: This was my reaction too! I was glad Bruce had only a vertebra broken and that it did not touch the spine :lol:
Isn't a vertebrae part of the spine?
Uhh... Yeah! :facepalm: I meant the "spinal cord" ;)

Exactly halfway through transcribing the script. Anyone take a guess what's under the tag? ;)
(I apologise for any typos, all will be fixed by the time I get to upload it)