Poll: Batman's back breaking in TDKR

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Do you think Batman's back will be broken? What's your opinion of that happening?

Poll ended at June 25th, 2012, 3:16 am

I think Nolan will break his back...but I'm hoping otherwise :cry:
2%
I don't think Nolan will go that far...but I'd support it if he did
34%
Nolan will break his back...and I fully support that decison
7%
I don't think Nolan will break his back...I wouldn't want to break it either
37%
I don't know...but I hope he does it
7%
I don't know...but I hope he doesn't
12%

Total votes: 41

I don't think Bane will break Batman's back but I can see him totally beating the crap out of Batman. That will be a great catalyst for some epic emotional scenes for Batman.

There's also a part of me that wants to see a mask-less Batman fighting Bane. Eh, screw it. Can we just get a shirtless Bale/Hardy fight? On second thought... Maybe not. We don't want the female population to combust. :think:

I'm more worried about someone will be break his heart instead of his back. :think:

:lol:
TalkOnCorners wrote:I don't think Bane will break Batman's back but I can see him totally beating the crap out of Batman. That will be a great catalyst for some epic emotional scenes for Batman.

There's also a part of me that wants to see a mask-less Batman fighting Bane. Eh, screw it. Can we just get a shirtless Bale/Hardy fight? On second thought... Maybe not. We don't want the female population to combust. :think:
This :goNF:

TalkOnCorners wrote:I don't think Bane will break Batman's back but I can see him totally beating the crap out of Batman. That will be a great catalyst for some epic emotional scenes for Batman.

Well, if there isn't a shirtless Bale/Hardy fight, I'm sure the fangirl artists will cover that.

natalie wrote:I'm more worried about someone will be break his heart instead of his back. :think:
Well, there's nothing sexier than a man with a broken heart. :lol:

it's like my post in the other thread....a 20 minute sequence of Bale and Hardy boxing/martial arts fighting from the roof, to the streets, to the alleys....everyone is crowding around and following..helicopters...tv cameras. The fight of the century. People chanting "bat-man!, bat-man!, bat-man!"...that's too Rocky or whatever but something better than that but similar would be badass.

TalkOnCorners wrote:
natalie wrote:I'm more worried about someone will be break his heart instead of his back. :think:
:batface:
I need a better smily for this.

Batcat wrote:
JUSTIN time wrote: But really I don't see Selina finding out Batman's identity in the movie. They already had Coleman Reese find out his identity in The Dark Knight. I think the relationship will be kept between Bruce and Selina with Bruce figuring out her alternative lifestyle sometime during the movie.
I don't think she would take off his mask though... I think she would want to, but she would either be interrupted and would have to escape, or she will start doing it and realize that it's better for her not knowing it. Because you know she could be there watching him lie on the floor, wondering who is the man behind the mask? Does she know him? He certainly has some similarities with the man she loves, Bruce Wayne. Could it be him? Nah... Of course not! They're too different. Anyway, she would rather not know, it's easier this way.

I think Batman telling Gordon he's Bruce would be an interesting arc. I also think that Bruce and Gordon are like brothers or that he's like a father to him, eventhough I kind of think that Alfred is more like a father to Bruce and Gordon like a brother.
I could see her having those kind of thoughts during the movie. But I don't like the idea of him being unconcious and she is the only one who could save him. If he were to be knocked unconscious I think his suit would have sensors that alert Alfred when his brain waves switch or when he recieves a strong enough blow to the suit. So like in Batman Begins Alfed would save him again or maybe Fox would save him.

But I think those thoughts would be better shown when she is not wearing a mask. Those thoughts are hard to convey when your face is covered unless they are said outloud. Mabye sometime after Batman confronts her during a heist and before he figures out her identity, one morning they could be in bed together and he rolls over and puts his arm over the top of his face just for a second and she would get this look in her eye and think (he kind of looks like...) just then he wakes up and pulls his arm down. She wont completely think he is Batman mostly because during the heist it would be dark and she wouldn't get a good look at Batmans face.

I don't want the movie to give her to much time to think about it. But those kind of thoughts plus the ending I wrote in the other topic gives us a Selina that won't know Batman's identity at the end.
(Scene)
The camera will be set in a spot that shows both the bed and her bedroom window. A slow chorus of music is playing sort of like the music at the end of inception.
The bedroom will be lit with moonlight and have long shadows being cast by the curtains. Batman will appear from one of these shadows and silently step forward then he will pause for a second and look at her. (He knows why he is there but he has to go through the decision he made one more time)
The camera switches to and will stay above her pillow showing her face, the light will change and sunlight will drape across her face. Over the music we begin to hear sirens and Selina awakens (the camera pans out) and finds one of her hands cuffed to the bedpost. With her free hand she reaches toward her nightstand and opens the drawer and to find that it is empty. She has no chance to unlock the handcuff. It is too late, a team of cops breakdown her door. And the camera switches again. In front of her building Selina is being put into a squad car and a cop is reading her rights. A crowd has collected around the scene. In the crowd Selina spots Bruce standing still among the other people, in his hands he is holding flowers, as though saying he was going to surprise her this morning. Their eyes lock and he turns away, a tear runs down Selina's cheek and she knows that they can never be together. The camera is in front of Bruce following him away from the crowd while others head towards the scene.

As he walks away Bruce will have a dialog
"Life is not always fair and even the righteous can't escape justice, there may be a day when I can't escape my fate, if that day ever comes I will rise to face my crimes and put down the mantle, until then I am Batman"

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

I could also see Selina escaping police custody somehow maybe from the car in mid-transit. I don’t think the ending will be exactly like this but it will give the same kind of closing to Bruce and Selina's relationship.

TalkOnCorners wrote:
True 8-) And a shirtless fighting between Bruce/Bane could be great, although it should be a box fight or something like this, Bane shouldn't know Bruce is Batman there.
JUSTIN time wrote:
Batcat wrote: I don't think she would take off his mask though... I think she would want to, but she would either be interrupted and would have to escape, or she will start doing it and realize that it's better for her not knowing it. Because you know she could be there watching him lie on the floor, wondering who is the man behind the mask? Does she know him? He certainly has some similarities with the man she loves, Bruce Wayne. Could it be him? Nah... Of course not! They're too different. Anyway, she would rather not know, it's easier this way.

I think Batman telling Gordon he's Bruce would be an interesting arc. I also think that Bruce and Gordon are like brothers or that he's like a father to him, eventhough I kind of think that Alfred is more like a father to Bruce and Gordon like a brother.
I could see her having those kind of thoughts during the movie. But I don't like the idea of him being unconcious and she is the only one who could save him. If he were to be knocked unconscious I think his suit would have sensors that alert Alfred when his brain waves switch or when he recieves a strong enough blow to the suit. So like in Batman Begins Alfed would save him again or maybe Fox would save him.

But I think those thoughts would be better shown when she is not wearing a mask. Those thoughts are hard to convey when your face is covered unless they are said outloud. Mabye sometime after Batman confronts her during a heist and before he figures out her identity, one morning they could be in bed together and he rolls over and puts his arm over the top of his face just for a second and she would get this look in her eye and think (he kind of looks like...) just then he wakes up and pulls his arm down. She wont completely think he is Batman mostly because during the heist it would be dark and she wouldn't get a good look at Batmans face.

I don't want the movie to give her to much time to think about it. But those kind of thoughts plus the ending I wrote in the other topic gives us a Selina that won't know Batman's identity at the end.
I actually like the idea of her saving him when he's unconscious! But she could be interrupted by Alfred or Fox, I don't really mind that. I really hope Catwoman will have a chance to save Batman once in the movie, because it's always the other way around (the hero saves the girl and that's it: Superman with Lois Lane, Spiderman with Mary-Jane...) I really want Catwoman to be shown like an equal to Batman eventhough she's a woman (not on the strength part of course, it would be ridiculous, but on the mental and maybe even fighting part)

I love your idea, although we would have to understand that's what she is thinking so there should either be some kind of flashback, or she would have to speak out loud for herself...

I think that there still is a possibility she might find Batman's identity though... I don't know... I would really like to see her have some doubts about it, I don't mind if she doesn't find out, I just want to see her think about it, because I think she's intelligent enough to think so and if Bruce can find out her identity then she can have doubts about him :)

Reading these posts and listening to TDK's soundtrack makes me all giddy inside.

I really hope that a scene will be like this, where Catwoman saves him, Nolan can do it right.

chee wrote:Reading these posts and listening to TDK's soundtrack makes me all giddy inside.

I really hope that a scene will be like this, where Catwoman saves him, Nolan can do it right.
Aaaw yes, I know how you feel!

I'm sure he will :goNF: