Poll: Batman's back breaking in TDKR

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Do you think Batman's back will be broken? What's your opinion of that happening?

Poll ended at June 25th, 2012, 3:16 am

I think Nolan will break his back...but I'm hoping otherwise :cry:
2%
I don't think Nolan will go that far...but I'd support it if he did
34%
Nolan will break his back...and I fully support that decison
7%
I don't think Nolan will break his back...I wouldn't want to break it either
37%
I don't know...but I hope he does it
7%
I don't know...but I hope he doesn't
12%

Total votes: 41

Yeah she can either take off his mask to help him stay comforted in her home... or she can leave the mask and the rest of costume on and Batman will wake up on her couch with blankets on and a pillow. Oh, the cheese-factor.

SantomTheWhite wrote:Yeah she can either take off his mask to help him stay comforted in her home... or she can leave the mask and the rest of costume on and Batman will wake up on her couch with blankets on and a pillow. Oh, the cheese-factor.
But all the women in the audience will be exploding.

chee wrote:
Batcat wrote:Maybe he will have saved her life sometime before and she could say something like "No need to thank me, we're even now!"
Nah, more like: he's unconscious and she takes off his mask. FOOK YEAH.
Do you remember what happened to the last person who touched Batman's mask while he was unconscious?

Zzzzt!! 100 percent pure voltage

Imagine the cops finding two unconscious people wearing masks in an alleyway. LOL

But really I don't see Selina finding out Batman's identity in the movie. They already had Coleman Reese find out his identity in The Dark Knight. I think the relationship will be kept between Bruce and Selina with Bruce figuring out her alternative lifestyle sometime during the movie.

JUSTIN time wrote:
chee wrote:
Nah, more like: he's unconscious and she takes off his mask. FOOK YEAH.
Do you remember what happened to the last person who touched Batman's mask while he was unconscious?

Imagine the cops finding two unconscious people wearing masks in an alleyway. LOL

But really I don't see Selina finding out Batman's identity in the movie. They already had Coleman Reese find out his identity in The Dark Knight. I think the relationship will be kept between Bruce and Selina with Bruce figuring out her alternative lifestyle sometime during the movie.
lol, yeah, I remember. Shud up, I'm fantasizing here! :JGLface:

The only people who need to know about Batman's identity (for me at least) would be Jim Gordon, cause it's (comic book wise) classic arc progression, he always calls him Bruce, not Batman. Also, would be cool if Selina knew, but it's not necessary. Maybe just a hint in their daily celebrity life.

That brings another big idea that I'm sure other people have said before but so far I haven't seen much discussion on it...Jim Gordon being revealed Batman's identity by Batman in The Dark Knight Rises...wouldn't that be rad? I don't mean to sound gay but their relationship could have more meaning and go much deeper after that. Those guys will be like brothers...Gordon would think "who knew that that kid whom I comforted in that chair the night of his parent's death would grow up to be that extremely gifted professional I've been talking to these past few years."

I'd rather have Jim Gordon know Batman's identity than Selina Kyle knowing in the time frame of TDKR.
It's a matter of what Nolan wants really.
Excuse me while I start another poll.

Just kidding.

JUSTIN time wrote: Do you remember what happened to the last person who touched Batman's mask while he was unconscious?

I don't think she would take off his mask though... I think she would want to, but she would either be interrupted and would have to escape, or she will start doing it and realize that it's better for her not knowing it. Because you know she could be there watching him lie on the floor, wondering who is the man behind the mask? Does she know him? He certainly has some similarities with the man she loves, Bruce Wayne. Could it be him? Nah... Of course not! They're too different. Anyway, she would rather not know, it's easier this way.

I think Batman telling Gordon he's Bruce would be an interesting arc. I also think that Bruce and Gordon are like brothers or that he's like a father to him, eventhough I kind of think that Alfred is more like a father to Bruce and Gordon like a brother.

This is what I think will happen:
Do you remember that moment at the end of TDK where Batman tosses The Joker off the building? I remember seeing it and genuenly thinking that the Joker was going to die right there just like he did in Batman(89).

I think somthing similar will happen it is towards the end and Batman has been beaten within an inch of his life and there will be a moment where Bane is holding him up just about to finish him but the Batman will pull something out of no where shocking us all.

That might happen but you never know.

Maybe his back will break but we'll see a quick rehabilitation somehow and get Batman back in the game...then we find out till near the end that Bruce WAS rehabilitating the entire time and that it wasn't really him as Batman but someone else...so Bruce comes out in the end and goes "gotcha biaaattchh"

Lukestarkiller90 wrote:This is what I think will happen:
Do you remember that moment at the end of TDK where Batman tosses The Joker off the building? I remember seeing it and genuenly thinking that the Joker was going to die right there just like he did in Batman(89).

I think somthing similar will happen it is towards the end and Batman has been beaten within an inch of his life and there will be a moment where Bane is holding him up just about to finish him but the Batman will pull something out of no where shocking us all.

That might happen but you never know.
what is a Chris Nolan Batman film without that shot of the epic music when the villain is about to get killed and Batman wins the fight somehow.